Can I get 800-1000 CFM out of an M90?

They make vortech kits for the 3.8 stangs..I figure if you get a spare stang 3.8 non dual port you can swap accesories to get the vortech on there..However you can get 400rwhp with an m90..Just isnt as easy as it is with a higher flowing IC

I don't think you would be happy with a Vortec when compared with a positive displacement type Supercharger. The Max boost is only available at higher rpms, compared to a positive displacement that tends to create a linear increase in boost as engine RPM's increase.

This gives much better low RPM power when compared to a Centrifugal supercharger. And the Ford 3.8 is not a high RPM beast, in general.

Too big, physically. The M90 can do quite sufficiently. What type of HP are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to go too high on the cheap, you might as well start shopping for a 302.

A 5.0 is not cheap HP either. Get used to it.

Screw blowers do nicely and don't requrie a complete reworking of everything under the hood.

Mike8675309 said:
Too big, physically. The M90 can do quite sufficiently. What type of HP are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to go too high on the cheap, you might as well start shopping for a 302.
The M112 will easily adapt in place of an M90 for a person with the right tools and resources and do so on the cheap as well. I think we should be asking here how the proposed flow rates were determined and what the actual goals in mind are before trying to get there with any specific blower.

Paul

guys, is this an M112, doesn't look like one

M112one.jpg

M112two.jpg

by the way its going on my Taurus SHO, already got the M90, only making 5-6psi, found out I need 800-1000 CFM, the SHO motor apparently breath's pretty well

In your case a centrifugal blower would be a much better choice. BTW, if you are only getting 5-6psi then you are not even close to maxing out your M90.

I don't agree, the blower is maxed out, I'm only making 5-6 psi because the supercharger is simply too small to create enough air flow, it took me awhile to figure it out myself, I couldn't believe a 3.0L requires more air than a 3.8L but I made the mistake of thinking the M90 had a enough flow, I was wrong...I'm turning the M90 up to 15680 rpm at 7000 rpm

If you have any suggestions to get another 200CFM out of the M90 please let me know, its gonna be a pain to change out the blower

That is a pic of an M112 from a jaguar. I have to agree with Dave on this one, if you are only seeing 5-6 lbs at that blower speed its not because you maxed out the M90, there are one or more other factors which are limiting the boost you are seeing.

Paul

Back