PDA

View Full Version : Sticking throttle wierd circumstances (Help Please!!!!!)

OzzManG149
06-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Ive been having this weird problem with my throttle sticking. It only happens when im at the track or when I accelerate from a stop light after applying the brakes. At the track I will do my burn out and then move to the staging lights. When the other guy starts to stage I will apply the brake and run the rpm's up a little to get a jump the last 2 times ive done this it has acted like the cruise control activates and the throttle sticks and trys to accelerate. Anyone have any idea's what might be happening

Mike8675309
06-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I'd pull the intake tube and take a hard look at the throttle plate. See if you can see any witness marks on the walls of the throttle bore. It should be smooth. If not, the throttle plate is binding on the walls due to a worn throttle shaft.

Jeremy_K
06-12-2004, 09:39 PM
mine did that before one time. i disconnected the battery for a few minutes and it hasn't done it since. mine got stuck when i was coming off the thruway off ramp. then it stayed stuck for about 5 more miles til i turned it off and reset it. :confused: