OverDrive went today, HELP!!

91GreatWhiteSC

Well i was cruisin on the highway today and my OD gear went. i put it in drive and it went into that gear and just was at higher RPMS... Does this mean the rest of my gears are going to go within the near future? Can i rebuild the Tranni myself or does it really take a genious to do? Thanks

You can drive without the overdrive, just in the drive position without seriously hurting everything else. Atleast I did for a couple months. I have no idea about the rebuilding part.
Just say goodbye to fuel economy if your gonna drive on freeway in drive.

Aaron

i've driven 2 of my AOD cars for about 3,000 miles without OD. then things start to cook and you lose other gears. i wouldn't attempt a rebuild myself and i'm mechanically inclined. the AOD is just too much of a P.O.S. to take the risk of screwing something up.

What do you suggest for a tranni that wont put me in the whole??? cash wise...I dont wanna spend mondo cash here... Id rather get a used tranni but if the AOD wont be reliable then i need something that is..

91GreatWhiteSC said:
This is my daily car and i want to be able to get back and forth to work, without spending another 1k into doing a tranni.
well, that's about what it will come down to. you can buy one on ebay for around 4-500 bucks and install it yourself. you could get one out of another car and swap it, or you can do a swap to a 5-speed but you would need to buy all the parts to do it. trannys suck man, i was in your boat. my car was not driveable from october til december. i had to save up the funds to have it rebuilt as it is my daily driver. or you could always pick up a beater for a couple hundred and drive that til you get the loot. good luck

I just need a used tranni that will work for like ~50k Ill have the cash ina couple months to do what i need to do as far as a new one or a really good one

Back