Upgrading SC's 89 Spindles to 94

SC-71 TBIRD

Hello All,

Today I just happen to see a 93 - 94 Tbird LX with front and rear disc brakes at a junkyard in my area. I asked a guy "who looked like Tony Soprano" about the price on the spindles. He told me that the 2 fronts were $50 dollars each which was ok. But for the rear "Tony" wanted me to purchase the whole rear end for to get the rear spindles. He wanted to charge me $250 for the front spindles and the whole rear end. Is he correct in selling me the whole rear end just to get the spindle or is he jerking me? :mad: :confused:

This leads to other question, are the LX front and rear spindles compatible with the SC's suspension components?

Thanks,

Maurice

Last edited:
The rear disk brakes on the LX are essentially the same as the SC. There is no benefit to having them that I'm aware of. Certainly it won't help you if you want to change the bolt pattern.

The fronts are about right.

The reason he wants to sell the whole thing is that kit cars are starting to use the rear subframe and suspension from the MN12's with disk brakes. So they can get a premium for them at the salvage yards.

Make sure that the potential donour car has ABS. The front spindles are different for ABS and non-ABS for the 93 - up cars. If it doesn't have it, the spindles will have no hole to accept the sensors.

cheers,
Ed N.

Hello All,

Thanks for the response. :) The reason why I am seeking the newer tbird spindles is because; one I am planning to purchase larger wheels, and secondly I am planning to get performance calibers and rotors from Baer or TVR.

I really do not need the whole rear end. I'm going to check and see if the front spindles has that sensor.

Thanks Again,

Maurice

Back