PDA

View Full Version : Pondering installing a Big Block

layinthesmack31
06-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey guys well i have been thinking about this a little bit lately that i would like to go the route of putting a big block into my SC for the simple fact of making more power for less money. So i have some questions. What goes in the easiest and will bolt up to my AOD right now? I dont want to have to modify much so i am curious what u guys think would be best. If any of u have any links to where i can get good info that would be great too. I tried the search option and i couldnt find what i was looking for so i figured i better ask u guys what u thought. I have never done a engine swap but i want to learn so if there are any good books on how to do it that u guys know of that would also be great. Its just the car is paid for and i dont drive it much as it is so i would love to throw some real power into it so it can really be a sleeper. I think i have maybe put 100 miles on it since i took it out of storage in april. I would love to build or rebuild an engine to put in it so books on that would be great too if u guys know of any that are good. Again i am just pondering this idea because it seems fun and would be like a hobby for me to get into. It could take as long as i need cause like i said it isnt a daily driver. So i hope this isnt too confusing haha. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Matt

Randy N Connie
06-13-2004, 11:55 AM
I have been thinking of going to a bigblock.Just so I can get rid of the AOD.
My SC motor makes enough power,but the AOD is just to costly and still
junk after a rebuild.

There is enough room to bolt just about any Ford motor ever built in a mn12.

RANDY

layinthesmack31
06-13-2004, 01:43 PM
well the thing is my AOD is in real good shape right now and i would rather hope to use it for a while because i wont have enough funds to do a motor and tranny swap for a while haha. but i would love to start building a motor so i guess i just wanna know what i should start with since it is my first time. thanks

Matt

XxSlowpokexX
06-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Randy just has no luck..I hav ea 748rwhp Turbo v8 hooked up to an aod...No problems...However...I fyou dont wanna keep an SC motor Id say a 351 or better yet a stroked 302 swap...331..Id say..And throw a blower on it

layinthesmack31
06-13-2004, 08:43 PM
ok i am thinking of going with the 351. what is the best way to do it? get a used engine, new block, or assembled engine except for the heads? just a little unsure about how to go about getting started with this project. would really appreciate any help. thanks

Matt

XxSlowpokexX
06-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Depends how much you want to spend :O)

layinthesmack31
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
i wanna spend as little as possible but also get quality out of it if that helps u. So i dont wanna dump a ton into it but i do plan on spending at least 2500. hope this helps

Matt