start me up

ThunderDave

Ok, I've replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump and still have a slow starting problem, mostly when the motor is cold. When it's warmed up, it starts easier. Any ideas what could cause this? My Haynes book says it could be caused by trouble getting fuel to fuel rail. It also says that about it when starting it hot, so I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I replaced plugs and wires in January when I did the HGs.

David

Check your fuel pressure. Might be some really really really dirty injectors. Might wanna send them to get checked out.

injectors

Thanks! I had thought of that. I've got a friend that has a garage and he has the kit to run the Wynns injector cleaner through them, where the car just runs of the can of cleaner. I'll have that done and see if it helps.

David

plug check time ..regap .a pic would be nice ..also check your oil.. for the smell of gas...on the dip stick ...and look for wet spots or a strong odour of gas ..on the tops of the injectors @ o-rings on fuel rail ..could be having a injector leaking ..as metioned check fuel pressure..also if you unplugged your battery ...EEC may be relearning ....dave

pressure!

Yeah Dave,

I think it was doing this before I did the head gaskets, if my memory serves me correctly, but it has been more so since then. Maybe I didn't get something tight enough or seated good or something. I'll have the fuel pressure checked when I have the injectors cleaned.

You were right though, I'm just enjoying riding in it again. :D

David

Back