Anywhere to get Differential (pumpkin) bushings today?

Ripper

I just got done putting universal joints in my driveshaft and figured out what my real problem was. The differential bushings are bad. I figure its easiest to do em know while its allready all torn apart.

My differential moves up and down in the front about 1/4 inch. so it has to be the problem, shifting from 1-2 (AOD) or letting off the gas at the shift in traffic I get a loud clunk.

I also have alot (not really alot, but more than I can live with) at speed.

I thought since starting off or turning I have a slight grinding vibration too, so I thougt it was the unversals but I think I have bad halfshafts and the bad bushings.

Can someone tell me another car that has these or similar bushings I might be able to get today??

I Have Same Problem

My trans. does the same thing and I just replaced the trans. mount, fluid, filter, and diff. bushings. it still does the clunk, but not as bad. I'm wondering if there are front and rear differential bushings. If so, I only replaced the rear, but the clunk appears to be coming from the front now.

I'd replace them with poly. Likely that rear bracket/bushing is completely shot.

You probably know you can get the bushings from www.mn12performance.com or www.supercoupeperformance.com.

I'm only aware of one source for a rebuilt rear bracket with poly and that's from Texas Thunderbirds

If you want it right now you could try the dealer. The Linconlns and the other Tbirds or Cougars should all have the same part though they might be different hardness.

Back