351W in MN12.

SCCoupe50

They put' em in the fox bodies all the time, but will a 351w fit an mn12 with as much ease? Anyone seen this done? Secondly, will the m5r2 bolt up to it until a better trans like a tremec is put in?

Thanks all!

There was a guy who had a 351W with a M5R2 who was doing some road racing or rallying or something like that I while back.
The 351W is just about an inch taller than the 302. I has the same bolt pattern to the trans as the 3.8, and the 5.0.

I put a carbed 393 stroker in my Bird. At the time, I had plans of mostly street, with some strip time, so went with a built AOD. My plans have shifted to more strip time, so wish I had gone with a C-4 to have a stronger, lighter, cheaper trans. I have a taller Vic Jr and carb on it, so the height is even taller than a EFI install would be. You can look it over to get some ideas here.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

With the torque and HP, I think a 5 speed would be fun, but not needed. With my next upgrade, I will either go with the C-4, or a powerglide if my weight per HP is where I want it. With enough HP, you dont need all thoses gears :)

That is a very nice setup you have there. Very well done. I think im just going to go with a 5.0 turbo setup. That FAQ sounds like a lot of crap work that i just dont have the patients for. You on the other hand look like you can take the time to do things right.

Back