New carpet

93atlsc

Where can I buy some new carpet for my sc, at a good price of course.The carpet is blue and I believe it will be hard to match up.

go to parts for sale, or try and search ont the internet for automobile carpet, but u might be able to find oen comeing out of a parting car.

I got mine from here http://www.stockinteriors.com/

You'd never guess it needed replacing :D (some people just don't care about their car)

carpet.jpg

It still needs to be vacuumed

carpet2.jpg

Hey Fivaxis, that manual transmission write up you did was GREAT!

Did you have to make any cuts or modifications to that carpet kit after you received it? Or did it "fit-right-in"?

The carpet comes a little big, you have to trim it around the edges and cut the holes for the center console and seat. I just put the old carpet on top for an idea where to cut the center console cutouts.

It wasn't exactly a 'factory fit', but as you can see it doesn't look too bad, much better than the original. Also much lighter than the original, must have saved about 20 pounds. (It does have padding on the bottom where it's needed.)

MikeKanterakis said:
Hey Fivaxis, that manual transmission write up you did was GREAT!

Did you have to make any cuts or modifications to that carpet kit after you received it? Or did it "fit-right-in"?

If the carpet is intact, it can be cleaned up really well. I pulled my driver seats due to some stains that had gotten down the side due to spilled coffee. A couple hours with a scrub brush, some foaming carpet stain remover, some carpet cleaner solution, a sponge, and a wet/dry vac and it cleaned up so well it looks almost like new.

I started just cleaning the spots but it left such a clean spot that I decided to do the whole thing.

So unless the carpet is physically damaged, it's pretty sturdy and it cleans up real well.

My carpet was so bad, it had this black crud embedded into it. I tried cleaning it, I used carpet cleaner, I used a hose and scrub brush, no way. It was so nasty I couldn't believe it. I don't think it had ever been cleaned since the car was new. Probably had multiple Cokes dumped on it over the years.

Back