transmission problems in 90 sc

lostsoul74

Hey guys, some of you have been overly helpfull over the past year since getting into SC's. Thanks alot. Heres a quick question, on a cell line so incredibly slow to try searching around which i've already done. I've got a pearl 94 which ofcourse being a ford the engine blew last year (no offense ford fans, but 3rd ford in 1 year to go bad) Saw a sweet 90 on ebay for under a grand, already tinted, lowerd, and rims, coudlnt pass it up, figured i'd pimp it for summer then pull an engine swap on the pearl with it. But sure enough, as soon as it was shipped here and pulled out, the trainy went within the first 1/10th of a mile. First I noticed neutral was gone when I pulled up to my gate to give a test, went to go into reverse to park, neutral was back, but no reverse. and now, no neutral, no reverse, just 2 parks with forward tension on them. checked linkage and shift cables, driveshaft, etc. trainy must be shot I figure. so the question is, are the SC trainys special, or will any old thunderbird trainy fit. ( I know I can grab a regular beater bird at auctions for under a hundred bucks). It's a 90 with Auto. thanks guys. serious doubts of ebay doing anything, they never do, so I'm probobly ****ed. if can fix for a couple bills, then maybe worth it, otherwise my as well just pull the rims and junk it. Motor isnt as solid as seller stated, so it istn even worth my time. Valves and rings are shot.

Back