What about this intercooler on SC

That's a nice peice if you plan on doing a liquid IC. I was looking at that one and several others a few months back.

If you can find the rooom

And be creative with the plumbing, it should work and work well. Of course the best Intercooler would be right underneath the S/C after it would be placed "right side up".

Randy, I have an extra Lightning intercooler collecting dust. You just need to make endtanks similar to that ebay auction. I did that and just used 3-inch tubing from a Ford Turbo diesel.

OK-thanks for the input.Now,is this designed to be a stand alone iintercooler or is it supposed to be used in conjunction with an air to air intercooler?? I think i can make the room for it by itself with heat exchanger and piping-got my WHOLE damn car apart right :eek: now measuring things up and whatnot.I just want to try something different and I think this would be cool.

It fits where the stock IC goes. I'm using an AFCO radiator similar to Micah's. I'll get some pic's over the weekend.

Liquid intercoolers are more for drag racing. The main benefit is that you can run the lines into a small radiator (couple heater cores would work) and place them in a box full of ice water for super cold intercooler temps.

For street driving an air to air is generally better.

Back