Re: buckle under boost

FoX

Re: buckle under boost

I remember awhile ago someone started a thread about how their SC buckled under boost. did anyone ever figure out what the cause of that was?

Its one of three things. Plugs,wires or fuel filter pump. Ok make that four.
It could be alot of things from fuel injectors to a bad fpr but this is were to start.

My bucking problem was the cam sensor.

Talk about an intermittant problem. At first it would
buck once every 3 or 4 months. Then once every couple of months, then once a month, then once a week, then once every few days, then once a day, and then twice a day.
Then I replaced the cam sensor.

No more bucking :)

Last edited:
Mine was bucking a few years back. It started fine and ran good until it started to warm up. Then it would buck and jump all over the place, but would stop after it warmed up. I replced the DIS and it fixed the problem.

Shane

mines pretty much the opposite, it's usually fine when it's cold, but after it warms up it can get pretty bad. It has new plugs, wires and DIS in it.. I'm thinking it could be fuel filter or something. think it could be the computer? :confused:

FoX said:
mines pretty much the opposite, it's usually fine when it's cold, but after it warms up it can get pretty bad. It has new plugs, wires and DIS in it.. I'm thinking it could be fuel filter or something. think it could be the computer? :confused:

I dont think that it could be the computer. How long ago did you replace the DIS? You might want to take it back off and put fresh heat sink compound on it. It may just be that the DIS is heating up real bad.

Shane

Back