Belt Conditioner Anyone heard of this?

darkstar_one

Hey, well as i was strolling around in my huge garage, i found a bottle of BELT CONDITIONER, hmm so i said, hmmm, let me give this a try, before i went to court in the morning for the damn speeding ticket i got, i sprayed some on the belts, the inside of the belts were the grip is, well i sprayed some on and wow, u couldnt really hear the pulleys anymore, it went silent. So i liked the results, well i came back from court, i popped the hood and checked the inside track of the belts, and wow, it was really really conditioned, it was extra sticky, pretty kool. Dont know if its good or not but i liked the results, also i noticed better acceleration after i sprayed it.

I would have told you not to use that stuff but too late now. It will attract dirt that will get into the grooves in your serpentine belt and they will start making noise. Also some of those will attack the rubber in the belt over time. I would clean it off by CAREFULLY taking a small wire brush (like a toothbrush size) and cleaning down in the grooves of the belt while the engine is running. Like i said BE CAREFUL that you don't get you hand caught and dont have a long sleeve shirt or watch on...If you are having problems with belts making noise you either have dirt and grime built up already, or the belt needs replaced......or possible the plasic pulleys are 'bumpy' and causing the belt to vibrate. Good luck.

Yes, belt conditioner is only meant for the old style V belts, that tend to glaze over with use. Nothing should be used on our serpentine/ribbed type belts, except maybe wipe some armoral on the outside face when you're going to Carlyle.

Back