PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Gauges,

darkstar_one
06-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok, ive seen a pic somewere around this forum with some dude replacing some gauges on his cluster with aftermarket gauges, anyone know about this or got the pic

SuperCoupeSC91
06-15-2004, 02:53 PM
i dont know if you were referring to mine or not ? but here it is. Alex L

darkstar_one
06-15-2004, 03:02 PM
wow man, thats **** awesome, that **** looks clean. how much for on of those panels?

what i ment was that some dude had on the stock panel, but he just replaced the stock TEMP and OIL PRESSURE and BOOST gauge with aftermarket ones, he took the stock ones out and fitted fome AUTOMETERS in there

SuperCoupeSC91
06-15-2004, 03:24 PM
oh, sorry i thought u were reffering to mine, thanks for the compliment but hmmm how much ? i dunno, took me a while i redid it twice, at first i used this hot glue, came all apart, then i got some special glue and it works mint, i put metal square tunbing braces behind it all,(pic below, but this pic is when i did it with hot glue,) well i got rid of the whole cluster, no warning lights, or panel behind it at all, all hardwired gauges and i had to cut up my steering console top a bit, but i'm getting rid of that whole setup sometime in the future, i want just 2 pieces of aluminum (top and front) , i dont need my heater junk stuff inside anymore, no more heat or a/c, :) but it took me quite some time (could make another quicker),(but dremeling all the stuff out, cutting plastic pieces to fit, then measuring out where the gauges all go, drilling it, then putting the metal braces and glueing it, it might look simpler than it is, it wasnt that hard i dont think just very time consuming) and then to wire it, i liked doing it, alot of wires, my brother and parents were amazed, i should of took a pic of the back, but i dunno if i'd make another custom one.. maybe.. Alex L

Tazer999
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm roughly doing the same thing Alex did above, except I will not have the gaugesd to the right (will retain my switch panel/cd player).

One thing I am also doing is all of the idiot lights in a different fashion. Whereas he deleted them (neat idea btw) I am going to be using individual led's for each one (non labelled). Signals are green, warning red, highbeams blue, etc etc etc

I am taking a different approach though, it appears he modified the stock bezel, and I am going to be completely hand fabricatig mine from sheetmetal/fiberglass

Once again though, the ingenius of some people have spurred me to do custom things also

aitkenstyle
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
why do you have 2 a/f ratio gauges?

whered you get the first ones that say supercoupe id like to get some of those

SuperCoupeSC91
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
"maxrpm.com" was the place i got my first whiteface gauges from, and i have 2 a/f gauges one for each O2 sensor to truly watch both sides, but i was told after from alot of ppl that a/f gauges are not the way to tune and go by. so i will change them later on and get rid of them.

quick35th
06-19-2004, 06:29 AM
"maxrpm.com" was the place i got my first whiteface gauges from, and i have 2 a/f gauges one for each O2 sensor to truly watch both sides, but i was told after from alot of ppl that a/f gauges are not the way to tune and go by. so i will change them later on and get rid of them.

Do you have a phone # that I could reach "maxrpm.com" for the white face gauges? Or if you still have the old instrument cluster could I buy it?.

Shane

Tazer999
06-19-2004, 09:07 AM
I got mine from Geno at LMS also. Great guy to deal with and the gauges look pretty decent

http://members.tccoa.com/ryanb/interior/gauges.jpg

XxSlowpokexX
06-19-2004, 12:34 PM
I was never into the aftermarket type setups and just went with some flames for mine

http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/FlameGauges.html

SuperCoupeSC91
06-19-2004, 01:36 PM
no i dont, but correction, i dunno what i was thinking, "Tazer999" is right i got them from "Geno at LMS" same gauges as his.. sorry, maybe he has the phone number. Alex L

Tazer999
06-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Alex: You were right actually, maxrpm.com was Geno's webpage, but that is more for his Lincoln stuff. Not sure but I think his phone number was posted somewhere on his webpage

So whats new with you anyways Alex? I haven't seen you post anything extreme or custom lately, whatcha been up to?

ben04
06-19-2004, 02:17 PM
I got mine from Geno at LMS also. Great guy to deal with and the gauges look pretty decent

http://members.tccoa.com/ryanb/interior/gauges.jpg

i really like yoru set up....those faces are mint.....do u have pics of it at night? thta woudl be sweet if they lit up like SVT gauges in the L and 03 Cobra

Melon
06-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Talk to scotthrbacek on TCCoA. He does alot of gauge faces - click here (http://www.geocities.com/slhrbacek/Gauges.html) for his webpage.

-Andy "Melon"

Tazer999
06-19-2004, 06:49 PM
They light up with a perfect blue backlighting

(have blue 194 led bulbs in the stock locations). LED's work great, but they are expensive as hell. $10cdn per package of 2, ouch!