91 Running really poor???

jettburn

I picked up a 91 SC automatic a few weeks ago. It did not run and sat all winter. I had it towed home from a gas station and got it running the same afternoon.
It seems the crank bolt broke and the balancer/pulley slid away from the sensor.
I had to drill out a broken crank bolt and put in another. Thats it. Now it runs but badly. I pulled the balancer, it was not broken. So I put it back on until later.
I know the balancer is an issue but I feel it should still run better than it does.
The car stalls alot when in gear, knocks under load and is powerless. The engine also rumbles/vibrates when driven and stumbles badly above 2000 rpm.
The up arrow does not come on while cranking. But it does come on when the key is in the on position just before cranking begins.

Any thoughts on cause for bad running appreciated. I was thinking cam sensor. Thanks

Attachments

• SC pics washed first day 061004 007.jpg
    SC pics washed first day 061004 007.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 48
  • SC pics washed first day 061004 004.jpg
    SC pics washed first day 061004 004.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Intercooler NPR and SC 002.jpg
    Intercooler NPR and SC 002.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 45
run the codes on it, do a self test with the key on engine off, and see what you get. but other than that i would throw general maintenece items at it like plugs and wires.

when you took the balancer off did you check to see if i wobbled like actually try to move it, or did you jsut inspect it, cause my balancer was bad and there wasnt alot of play in it and nothing visibly, just moved around a lil.

but i would first check the codes and tell us what you find, but the crank and cam sensors are common to go on our cars, along with the DIS i replaced all three so far. i havent had to replace the coil pack yet though. good lucka nd tell us what you find

Back