stock 92 auto baseline run

kborton

Took my 156k mile bone stock 92 auto to Gateway last night.
All in all I was pleased, considering the poor air and just hoping for a 15 something.
15.74@87.4 mph
2.27 60'

I put it on the scales before I left the shop, just under 4200 with driver and 1/4 tank.

Not bad considering the hot/humid weather we are having.

Don't feel bad. I had a set of headers, full exhaust, raised top, 5% pulley, K&N panel filter, Trans-Go shift kit, 3.73 gears and ran a blistering 15.0 @ 89 on the same track a few years ago.

David

kborton said:
Took my 156k mile bone stock 92 auto to Gateway last night.
All in all I was pleased, considering the poor air and just hoping for a 15 something.
15.74@87.4 mph
2.27 60'

I put it on the scales before I left the shop, just under 4200 with driver and 1/4 tank.

That's better than I ran several years ago for a baseline at Gateway. I ran 16.0 :eek: completely stock.

Shoot me an email so we can call you the next time we head to the track or have a meet....we're almost due for another meet (hint, hint David :D )

Well I went back not long ago hoping for a better ET. I built an exhaust for the car from spare parts I had sitting around the shop. I have stock manifolds still and used the stock downtubes until just after the upstream cats. From there on I built a y-pipe out of 2 1/2" pipe going into one 3" pipe with a magnaflow muffler. No resonator, just a muffler....I was surprised at how quiet it actually still is, I suppose that's because it still has 2 stock cats on it.
Anyhow, I managed a 15.12 @ 92.xx (can't remember the mph exactly) with a crappy 2.21 60'. Overall I was shocked how much of a difference the exhaust made....and I'm getting 2 more mpg. I'm sure there's a 14 in it as it sits, not too bad for putting no money into it yet.

not bad the best i could muster out of my stock sc when i first took it to the track was 15.9 at 86mph my current mods have dropped my ET's by more then a second....suprised the $#!t outa me

kborton said:
Well I went back not long ago hoping for a better ET. I built an exhaust for the car from spare parts I had sitting around the shop. I have stock manifolds still and used the stock downtubes until just after the upstream cats. From there on I built a y-pipe out of 2 1/2" pipe going into one 3" pipe with a magnaflow muffler. No resonator, just a muffler....I was surprised at how quiet it actually still is, I suppose that's because it still has 2 stock cats on it.
Anyhow, I managed a 15.12 @ 92.xx (can't remember the mph exactly) with a crappy 2.21 60'. Overall I was shocked how much of a difference the exhaust made....and I'm getting 2 more mpg. I'm sure there's a 14 in it as it sits, not too bad for putting no money into it yet.
Lookin' good. Now get a set of underdrive pulleys and shave some more time off. Also, shot me an email the next time you head over there and I'll do the same. I hope to make at least one more trip before the shootout in October.

I'd experiment with shifting at different RPM's.

When shifting my 89 auto at 5000rpm's I ran a 16.3

at 5,500 RPM's I ran a 15.4

The Factory tach is off so experimentation of shift rpm can yeild great results

Back