Battery to trunk Q's (kill switch)?

SC UL8R1990

Im looking at investing in an optima yellow top battery and moving it to the trunk. However, when i go to the local drags, will i need to have a kill switch on the outside of the car? If so, **** that, im not going to have a tacky switch coming out of my beautiful sc!! :eek: :mad:

-Walter

p.s- maybe ill make a fake magnetic switch i can throw on when i go to the track, lol!

Try to get ahold of darkside. he just did his. he made it so the kill switch is under his license plate outta sight. he takes his plate off at the track. pm him for the details.

im on the search function right now and havent found what im focusing on. so :p

all i see is people asking how to do it. not about the switch.

technically YES yo need a kill switch, but I have not once been checked for one, but I installed one just in case. Some tracks don't do major tech inspections are test adn tunes, it mainly at large races they get technical. I had a coke can for a coolant catch can and passed tech. :D

yea, gotcha.

After reading all the stuff i dont understand. im gunna stay away from relocating the battery :eek: electrical is not my expertise! and thats the last thing i wanna screw up on my car. There just seems to be alot involved that i dont want to get into.

cant you just put a switch inline from the negative cable going to the chassis ground? If you dont have a ground then the car would die right?

not really, first off you need the kill switch on the positive side of the battery, and it also has to kill the alternator, cause the battery really only starts the car, the alternator keeps it running, if you disconnect the battery while its running the car will still run. If you kill the battery while its running you also run the risk of frying your EEC from what I have been told. You don't want to just ground the negative side to the frame, you can but you also need to run a 10 gauge wire from the battery to the orginal ground wire in the engine bay, I did not orginally do this and it caused interference with the MAF, once we ran the wire the car ran a lot better. Mine is now grounded to the frame as well as a small wire attached to the orginal ground wire up front.

Its like V6sprout said you need to break the contact with the battery and the alternator.And you need THE PROPER SWITCH to do this.You can hide the push pull handle behide the license plate.To turn on or turn off the switch.
You can remove the handle and plug the hole when not racing.And put your plate back on.

YOU NEED THE RIGHT SWITCH.It will have a lug for the wire to the battery to kill battery power.And the switch needs a separate lug for a wire to go to the alternator to kill the alternator power.

You can buy the switch and the push-pull handle to turn on & off.
I forgot the part number.Just go to MOROSO.

SC UL8R1990 THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THIS,AND WILL MEET ALL
RULES FOR DRAG RACING.I don't care about all the shade tree ways.
THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY.I know others will post there backyard way to do
this, to confuse this battery switch question again.NO NOT LISTEN.

RANDY.

Attachments

• morosoSwitch.jpg
    morosoSwitch.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Back