MAFS and TB

ThunderDave

I upgraded my mafs from a 55mm to a stock ported one that is supposed to be 73mm now. Will I see much of a difference in performance with just that or is it necessary to upgrade the throttle body to before a difference in performance can be noticed?

I plan on upgrading the TB too, what size should I go with? I'd also like to get some 36# injectors and a nice mafs to go with them.

Thanks for any and all help!

David

David

It may run worse...porting the stock maf changes the relationship of the sample tube volume to the rest of the area. I would just buy a 73mm C&L with the correct sample tube.

And no you probably won't feel any improvements until you increase the TB, and even then it will be minor.

David

I went from the stock 55mm MAF and 60mm TB and upgraded to a 75mm MAF and 70mm TB and the only difference I can feel is in top end, which seems pretty minor.

-Andy "Melon"

ok

Thanks David and Andy. I knew somebody had the answer I was looking for. So I should go back to my 55 cause I really can't tell a difference at all? And maybe mod something else first? IC fan or SC top maybe?

Thanks!!!

David

NCredSC said:
Thanks David and Andy. I knew somebody had the answer I was looking for. So I should go back to my 55 cause I really can't tell a difference at all? And maybe mod something else first? IC fan or SC top maybe?

Thanks!!!

David

It will help, your just not going to feel it seat of the pants. It's a matter of removing one bottle neck at a time. You have to start somewhere and I think the three biggest restrictions on your car are the MAF, resonator and supercharger top.

David

David Neibert said:
It will help, your just not going to feel it seat of the pants. It's a matter of removing one bottle neck at a time. You have to start somewhere and I think the three biggest restrictions on your car are the MAF, resonator and supercharger top.

David

I've already removed the resonator when I had the high flow cats put on. So would the next thing be the SC top and do the mafs and throttle body later?

Thanks!

David

I would do the MAF then the top and then the TB last. Then again if your planning to do a 1.7 AR kit don't do any of them yet.

David

Mass air 80 pro M direct from Pro M is 199 and comes with K&N
70-75mm TB(youll need to port match stock inlet)
5% SC pulley..BTM sells lightweight aluminum ones pretty inexpensive
Raised top//EVeryone sells one nowadays
and to be safe a 190-255lph pump

And a chip when all is said and done

Thast what Id do at this point

Yeah David, I wish I could afford one of those 1.7s. 300 rear wheel horse pwoer would be great. It would be a (Super) coupe then. Yeah, the top and mafs would cost about the same (one of thunderroads tops anyway), so maybe I'll check C&L. Could you check my post (this is more important), I need some major advise and I know you know theses cars.

Thanks!

David

OK Damon

I already have a 5% od pulley from BTM. I just put in a new 190 fuel pump too. On a tight budget, I have to do a little at the time, so with the list you made, which would be next in line? Is the C&L 76mm suitable?

David

NCredSC said:
I already have a 5% od pulley from BTM. I just put in a new 190 fuel pump too. On a tight budget, I have to do a little at the time, so with the list you made, which would be next in line? Is the C&L 76mm suitable?

David

read the posts again , a maf/tb wont help much at your power level , do something else like the aluminium jackshaft or get a BHJ balancer;better yet wait until the whipples are out before you do anything blower related because prices are gonna be much lower on everything M90 related.

I actually think a MAF/K&N would be a good next mod. How are you with a little fabrication? I mention teh Pro M 80mm because it comes with a K&N attatched and is on sale for $199 direct..Good for 800hp not that youd need it now.
prom

A raised top and some kind of TB to Mass Air tube would be nice as well. Also a 70-75mm TB and an IC fan is a good idea. Underdrive pulleys would be another thing on my list. Then a computer chip which will wake your car up with all of the mods mentioned above. From there things start getting expensive. BTW the extra cost of synthetic engine oil is worth some free good HP.

Does this help at all...Mind you its only my opinion

alrighty then

Thanks Turbospeed and Damon. I already hve a K&N 9' cone filter. I've thought about an ic fan. I'm on a tight budget so whatever I do will be a little at the time and maybe waiting for the cheaper m90 stuff ain't a bad idea, as I know I won't be getting a whipple any time soon.

Thanks y'all!

David

Back