BAd day in the Tx

maxim123

FYI- if you car is bucking due to crank shaft position sensor or cam sensor beware that it can cause catastrophic damage... i learned this morning on my way to work.. crank sensor did it's normal intermittent failure, and i had to step on the gas for a bridge, i thought it would plane out like normal, but gentlemen i was wrong. Something in the engine let go, probably the crank snapped or lost a rod. whatever happened it locked up and smoke was coming out the oil filler tube. BOOM B#%ch!!!! this just really pisses me off.

What do i need to convert to v8-efi anyway?

Sounds like the balancer was shot which would cause the problems you mentioned with the crank sensor. Continuing to drive the car with a wobbling balancer is probably what caused the failure your dealing with now.

You might be better off finding a used engine instead of repairing what you have now.

David

nope

The wiring to the sensor was bad, i seen as soon as i popped the hood. the signal wire got in to the belts.

not an easy fix the motors toasted.. ie it went "BOOM"

Last edited:
Thats not good but I doubt it was the crank sensor or balancer if the front of the crank did not fail. I imagine a rod or main bearing failed you. Still not cool..... Good luck with fixing your car. I rebuilt mine a year ago and am very happy that I did. Its a lot of fun.... Obviously you need to look at a new balancer with your repaired engine. I am using the BHG.

Good luck

motor

well the car started bucking because of the crasnk sensor. and i put the petal to the floor and then it went boom.

Sounds like it could have fired to soon and fired as the piston was comming up. That suxx. Good luck to you :(

Back