Need Help No LOw Beams

Lewis

Having problems with my auto dim headlights. I've searched the forums and have tried just about everything. I've replaced the Hi/Lo relay,and the main headlight switch. Used and Ohm meter to checkout the dim distance dial (switch) and the multi function switch both seem to check good.. I've followed the wire schematic in the Electric, vaccum trouble shooting manual too. All harness connections look good, no burnt or melted connections or wires. But still no low beams. Photocell???? or bad wiring somewhere.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thank you
Lew

Do the low beams work with the auto dim function off. If they do then maybe it is the photocell that's bad. Also try switching on the foglights at the same time and see if the headlights go out or flicker. Most problems relate to too much amperage going thru the stock wiring and eventually the headlight switch or multi-purpose goes bad. Even though there was a recall on pre '93 models to replace the headlight switch - if your's are working intermittently the best solution is an aftermarket wiring harness (with relays), like the one from Competition Ltg for about $50

Back