PDA

View Full Version : Got K&N 7" filter (RE-0930) now what do I need to install it?

11psi5.0
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Hi guys..

I received a K&N cone filter yesterday, now I just need to know what is needed to install it (a length of pipe to connect from the MAF to the filter?). Also, anything I should know before I un-bolt and take out the air box and silencer?

Thanks!

11psi5.0
06-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Anyone? I want to get this done before sundown.. thanks

David Neibert
06-17-2004, 07:08 PM
You need a cold air intake kit. SCP and MP both sell them.

David

NorthrnSCownr
06-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Or you can make your own using exhaust tubing with a mandrel bend, or even PVC pipe.
Mine is made from an exhaust pipe with a hole drilled into it, and some rubber couplings. It used to be mounted in the fender, but it was collecting a lot of dirt. Now I am making a divider to block the heat from entering into the filter.
Performing a search will turn up a lot of information for you.
Here is a picture of mine (http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=bowen)
Tom

pearl95sc
06-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Easy way. Remove 8mm nut holding fan relay control module. Wire tie it off to the side. Attach cone filter directly to maf. Get creative and make a divider for heat if concerned about it. Be shure to have removed airbox/silencer at this point as well. Heres a quick pick of my 94. Don't mind the clear plexi, but take notes.