Power Steering Woes

gunman_sr5

Several things I need to know. I have a 90 Anniversary eddition. What happend is my motor mounts are shot and I cut one of the hoses for the stearing pump. I drove the car like this for a while ( until the pump locked up ).

Now what I need to know is... What line runs under the oil pan that would have been cut (what is it called), What are the best motor mounts to use, and do I need to get the pump with or w/o the resevor? I know I have veriable assist at least. I intend on fixing all of this myself, and I am trying to shop around for the best prices...

Thanks for any help in advance.

Do you have auto tranny? I'm not sure about the line under the oil pan you refer, so I won't comment on that one.

I'm in middle of changing my p/s pump. Ones from Ford are very pricey. I got an aftermarket Cardone brand pump and it came with resorvoir and is all one color(black). I don't think there are a lot of choices when it comes to aftermarket brands for the p/s pump. Just make sure it has the fitting for the EVO. I've done a search on the p/s issue and some people have had problems with aftermarket p/s pumps. Mine had a note attached stating it's liable to be a little noisy for first 500 miles.
Hopefully, the pump locking up didn't affect your evo, if so, you may need to replace it as well and I believe that's a factory only part and mine was like $120 @ discounted price.
A lot of people replace the oem motor mounts with the solid rubber ones due to they last longer and help provide a little more stiffness to the suspension. I'd just do a search on here for more input regarding the motor mounts.

So far this is all I know about the lines. As for the pump. I have found one at Autozone with resivuor for $45. Now I am starting to worry about the assist module...
diagram1.jpg

Back