This is more important

ThunderDave

Forget about the dry ice, the race with the mustang (I might know why I lost) and the mafs and throttle body for now. I was checking some things on the car today and when I took the plug out of the SC to check the fluid level, it squirted out like it had been shook up like a hot soda. I thought the seal had been leaking, so I was expecting it to be low, but it was up to the top. It had been several hours since it had been driven. So is that normal?

Also, since I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, it won't spin the tires at all from a stop and used to spin them pretty easy. Could the injectors be clogged or should I look for something else? Need help!!!!!! I won't to get it running good again.

Thanks for any help!!!

David

Last edited:
The trapped air in the SC gear case is normal, especially if it was hot. Mine does the same thing, even after sitting for days. Air leaks past the seals that seperate the rotors from the gear case and the seal's lip design prevents it from escaping.

The best way to figure out what is going on with your fuel system is to check the fuel pressure with a test gauge. Could be a bad connection or ground, problem with the relay, pinched fuel line, the regulator or a couple clogged injectors.

Start with the easy stuff first...like a pinched line.

David

Thanks

Thanks for the info David!! I thought maybe there was something wrong with the sc internally causing it do do that. I've noticed on hot days too, that pressure will build up in the radiator even when the car hasn't been run. Sort of the same principal?

I'm wondering if I got a fuel line pinched when putting the tank back in from doing the pump.

I'll check that in the morning. I gottta eat supper and get ready for work.Thanks so much for the help!

David

still unsure

I didn't find any kinked or pinched lines and the way it runs, it seems to have plenty of power. I'm getting a friend to clean the injectors and I'll have him check the fuel pressure at the same time. I took that (73mm) mafs off and put the 55mm back on and I think it does better like that.

I'm wondering if my tires starting to get low on tread would make it more difficult to spin them? As far as getting the injectors cleaned, could that help cure my hard starting problem? Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? Sometimes it cranks right up and sometimes I have to turn the key and hold it maybe 5-10 seconds before it will start up.

Thanks,

David

Back