need some input

not a ford fan

I just got 1990 sc with 150000miles on it for 400.00 It didnt run very well at first but i put in new fuel filter plugs witch were a pain in the but to change any easy way to change the pass side front plug? Did i menshion i am a chevy man and dont care to much for fords, but any way, i cleaned the throutal body and the maf sensor and pulled the cats off. it still has the resantor on it with no mufflers but it needs muffers put on to loud, it pulls like 11 pounds and rises up to like 14 at higher rpms. I order the 10% pully but have not got it yet what else can i do to it? what ganes do you get from the spacer hat and what dose it do just rases the hat up3/4 to 1inch? any other tricks with like the inter cooler, air cleaner, throtal body, intake tube? is there any thing to check or chang on the computer? timing or anything? I have one more problem with the brakes the abs light comes on and the brakes are all like new but when you first hit the brake the brake light comes on then gose off some times they work fine but you hit them hard the light flashes on then gose off and sometimes the pedal gets hard to push any ideas?any help would be great thanks

sounds like your abs starting to go out or your pump or whatever they call it.mine went out when i first bought my car. got 1 from junkyard $350

sho taurus said:
sounds like your abs starting to go out or your pump or whatever they call it.mine went out when i first bought my car. got 1 from junkyard $350

You need a new accumulator which is about $110 from

http://www.priorreman.com/

Don't do anything else until you learn more about the car. Many just add the pulley, blow the head gaskets and then junk the car. If you are serious about the SC then take the time to learn about it. You must upgrade the exhaust and if the car has 100K on it the headgaskets need changed with a stock pulley. Please upgrade your exhaust and fix the headgaskets before the Pulley.

Last edited:
i bought everything brakebooster and all in one piece and just threw the whole thing on.biggest difference i've gotten was the 3.73 gear and the ic fan(perma cool 8") i hope at 150,000 the headgaskets have already been done.mine went out at 106,000. wish i knew you needed a 10% pulley i have brand new one never put on car.i ordered one from scp then went to put on and the lady that owned the car before me already put one on.she didn't look like the type to do something like that.but maybe her exhusband did it.so now it's collecting dust on shelf. :( and yes do something with the cats...i gutted mine out

few other things is it has 327 gears and at a idel it has 20 pounds of vacum witch i read somewere was good. I have herd of people talk about overheating mine runs inbetween the O and the R I plan on getting the most out of this thing but realy need all the help i can get, I have herd bad thing about this car like head gaskets but with 157000 on it i am hopping that has allready been done I has good oil presure and is very clean the trans works very well also but would like to put in a shift kit to if you dont have to pull the trans out anyone know? that is why i am here to learn from someone who know what they are talking about. I am not going to drive this thing much and dont care if i blow it up or not i can fix it if it brakes but hopefully it dont because it is not the easyest one to work on.lol

Your temp seems to be about right, but the guages aren't that accurate from car to car so hard to compare. The oil pressure may or may not be great. The stock sender is just a switch - either some oil pressure (over about 7psi) or none, the guage goes to the same spot with no variation. Do a search, there is a modification to use a analog sender for accurate oil pressure reading. You can install a shift kit without dropping the tranny. All that is needed is to drop the valve body and follow the directions. BTW, I don't like Chevys except for the engines. I'm 64 and had a lot of GM in the past and none of them gave me as good service as the Fords I've had, and have now. So to each his own. Good luck.

hey SHO TAURUS, thats a very nice HOOD, were did u get it from, i want one like that, were did u get it from or did u have it custom made?

put on new exhauset 2 1/4 no cats to rsanator 3 in 2 1/4 to turbos sounds lot better i pulled the hat off and ported it some dose the 3/4 1in hat make that much differce seeing it is presure ? any one have and pullys for water pump alt and crank? what should i do next? i have not got the blower pully yet is there much differce in the pullys ? what should i do for air intake ? and what is a intake restricktor? any one have any good ideas what else i can doo THANKS it has been fun so far.

As with performance mods on any car you won't see too much power doing one mod by itself. The SC top is one of the choke points in the system. There are others including the intake plenum and blower inlet port, intake manifold, intercooler, etc. You get the idea? Just spacing the blower top up doesn't do a thing. You have to modify and weld to increase the size of the exit, and spacing up allows this to be done. It's volume you're after, not pressure. To start off go with underdrive pulley set from a vendor here and/or 5% overdrive blower pulley. Not sure what you mean by restrictor. You're after less restriction in the system not more at any point. Do you mean like Nascar restrictor plates? They are used to reduce power, not make power. John

darkstar_one said:
hey SHO TAURUS, thats a very nice HOOD, were did u get it from, i want one like that, were did u get it from or did u have it custom made?

that hood can be found at www.Americansportscar.com

hey not a ford fan, if you arent a ford fan in any way then why are you driving this car??? this is one of the worst Ford vehicles to get to make it go fast, if you have no interest in Fords at all. and as for parts that you are trying to get, go to supercoupeperformance.com, they have what you will probably be looking for or aptenperformance, they sell chips.

I put on a cold air kit sounds preaty cool has any one ever put a maf sensor off a 95 f150 on? it is lot bigger but has a bar down the center are they any better than the stock one ? what is going to make the bigest difference a IC cooler or some under driven pullys? still have not got the 10% yet, is that make a big diff? one thing i dont under stand with this is when you take off the boost gos to 11 then with more rpm it climes to allmost 15 and dose that all the time even after changing the exhaust and the air filter? what is my boost going to be when i put the 10% pully on? is that right? my last ? is my speedo seems to be way off it says iam going lot faster than i am, like maybe 10 mph off? its got 327 gears not sure if its been chaned or not how do i fix it my old lady is going to be driving it so i want to fix it.

3/4tops and double i/c,s

not a ford fan said:
put on new exhauset 2 1/4 no cats to rsanator 3 in 2 1/4 to turbos sounds lot better i pulled the hat off and ported it some dose the 3/4 1in hat make that much differce seeing it is presure ? any one have and pullys for water pump alt and crank? what should i do next? i have not got the blower pully yet is there much differce in the pullys ? what should i do for air intake ? and what is a intake restricktor? any one have any good ideas what else i can doo THANKS it has been fun so far.
:eek: :eek: DO A SEARCH FOR THEM ... :confused: :confused: I HAD INFO AND PIC,S :cool: :cool:

have had my car about one week now and i have got the exhaust done the 10% pully on and IC fan and co2 fogger on ported the hat a little changed plug and made a cold air intake runs lot better but trans probley wont last long its running preaty good tires are not liking life when she pulls 15 pounds of boost off the line all i need now is some under driven pullys and new belts and nos :D

Stay away from Nitrous for now lmao...Id say Underdrive pulleys will do you good..I'd also look at getting a chip as your next performance option..Brian Herron sells em or go to Aptenperformance

went to the track last night run a 15.10 @ 88 mph with a 2.08 60ft was looking for a high 14 but was hot out and had over half tank of fuel, how is it compared to everyone esle ride this good or bad.

Back