threw rod- time to fix advise needed

maxim123

What arte my options for rebuilding the v-6. i spent so much mooney ovewr the years and will probably stick with it. 6 years ago when it blew a head gasket i had to replace one bent rod and one cracked piston. basically i just replaced the bearings, broken parts, extensive head work, cam and ARP HARDWARE.
I read that people are buildiong 4.2- 4.3 strokers.. I understand the consept i built a forged 331 for my stang last year. but could someone with expetise in the 3.8 give some advise on parts and machining required. i would like to locate a new block and start this ASAP as the bird was a daily driver.

My other option is to drop a 302 based motor and dump major cash toward a another power added, i just can't image the sc without one.

A stroker would require a new crank. There are no stroker forged cranks off the shelf. You would have to get one custom made $$$.

Rebuild that motor from the bottom up with new, stronger connecting rods, custom forged pistons, some very good machine work, some head work, and a multi-layer steel head gasket and you'll be good to go.

Back