Wont go into gear!!!!!!!

89importeater

I just got done putting a new luk clutch into my 89 sc. i have everything back together and got all of the air out of the hydraulic line but my car still wont go into gear. I lo0oked up in the inspection hole and i can see the trowout moving. I cant figure it out. Please help.

Mike

do you have alot of free pedal? If so then maybe you left a little air in the line. Also does the pedal fell as firm as it did, or does it feel spongy? if so then it could be a master or slave cylinder issue. Have you tried putting it in gear and then cranking to see if the car will move with clutch pressed? I would disconnect the coil pack before I did this as if it starts and the clutch is not disengaging then you going for a bad ride. If the cars moves with the pedal on the floor, then you got some problem with the cylinders or air in the line and not the mechanics of the clutch itsself, unless you put the disk in backwards. Did you release the pedal before closing the bleeder? If so then you sucked more air in the line.

the free play doesnt seem to be anymore then before. How would i know if i put the plate in backwards? i thought that it would only go in one way.

On the clutch itself it will say "facing flexplate" or something along those lines. Did you put in a new pilot bearing? Or at least re-grease the old one? Maybe it's seizing up.

I greased the tranny shaft. Im pretty sure that i remember the disc sayin "this side flywheel" so im pretty sure that i put it in right. Think shes gonna have to go to a mechanic.grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back