Problem With Indiglo Gauges Please Read

darkstar_one

hey, after i took off my indiglo gauges, and popped back some stock gauges, i notcied my speed was off, well it wasnt, seems the INDI-GLO GAUGES from PROCARPARTS.com, the one that come with the TRANSFORMER are way off, they are off by atleast 10MPHS, the 10 on the INDIGLOs is were the STOCK 20 is at, this is the difference between a speeding ticket or not. Im glad i got rid of mine.

yeah, I noticed the same thing when I recently installed my indiglo guage faces too... Although I notice it between 65-90 mph- seems that it reads about 10 mph higher than I'm actually traveling.

Also, I noticed that there are two different speedos, at least for 1990. My odometer went and I took it apart to find the problem. There was a tiny palstic gear in the odometer motor that lost two teeth. A freind gave me a speedo from a 90, and just the odometer from a 90- both were different than mine, and had different gearing in them. Mine has a seperate window to show the trip/mile counter, and the two he gave me had just one long window for everything.

There are two different speedo guages on 89-93 SC's, both are 120mph speedo's. 89-90 the 60mph mark is at the 12 o'clock position, 91-later the 12 o'clock position is 70 mph and 60mph is to the left at roughly 11 o'clock. I have a Procarparts reverse glow set and it is made for the 89-90, not sure they make one for the 91-later. John

mine seems to be off at higher speeds also. it reads about 10 mph more than i'm going. this is a good thing the way i drive. it's pretty much right on at lower speeds. i have the procarparts reverse glow gauges.

Can anyone confirm at what mph point the guage starts reading a higher speed than you are actually traveling? So far it looks to be at 60 mph or above. Also, is it confirmed that it is 10mph off at higher speeds, and not 15, or 7?

I have these gauges on my car also..

I recently tested the accuracy by driving by one of those "This is your speed" things. And they checked out fine...the ting said 30 my gauges said 30.

So I don't know.. maybe I got a good set?

Back