Estimated cost of 2.3 whipple kit w/o IC

the blower itself is around $2200 unless you have some connections. Then add a lot of money for fabrication unless you are an experienced tig welder with a shop.

Brian

Where can I get the blower? And I have a tig setup and a mill. I just need a pic so I can replicate the setup. How much boost will a "stock" shortblock hold? Thanks Derek

I think you should talk to Dave Dalke before you try to just replicate the setup, just out of respect. He was the one that figured it out, and spent the time to get it going. Instead of just asking people to post pictures of his work so you can "replicate it", why not talk to the man himself or figure it out how to do it on your own? His email is mdkracing@alltel.net. Now that it's proven, I wouldn't be suprised if someone trys to copy his hard work the easy way just to make buck off his time spent. I'm not saying that's what you are doing, but he's a good guy and maybe you should communicate with him, get his advice and if he wants he can send you pictures :)

Brian

Imitation is the best form of flattery. :D I'm not being overly secretive about anything, but I'm not going to just hand you the keys. You are in the same position I was 9 months ago. It took a lot of work, brainstorming, time, some luck and some good connections to make it all come together. If you want to build a one-off custom setup for yourself, pick up an AR off Ebay and start fabricating. It shouldn't be all that hard. Any of them can be made to fit. ;)

My kit will be available to purchase next month. I have committed not to talk price on these tech forums. When I am ready to talk price I will post in the Group Purchases forum. The IC was never part of the deal, that is just something I had on my car beforehand.

I'm keepin ma mouth shut here about the whole copying others fiasco.......

However youd be better off trying to get an m112 to fit..They can be had cheap and have a nice mounting flange for a manifold located IC..Of course fabrication would be on you..And youd need a 03 cobra blower ..Unless you really want to hack stuff up..Just a thought..Or you can be teh first to try to use m112 rotors in the m90 case via a spacer and shorter snout:O)~

seems to me, its better to just pop in a SALEEN engine or a SVT COBRA engine. If it doesnt fit, make it fit. Improvise.

Darkstar one, XR7 Dave has posted several pictures and much info on his project. He has even shared dyno numbers. I have also posted pictures of my Whipple project (not related to Dave's project) on many ocassions.

Do a search on "autorotor" or "whipple" and you will find more information.

Not trying to make money off of anyone. I am simply a 17yr old that has a very small budget and big plans. I give major credit to the guys who had this brainstorm and I have great respect for those guys. I just have a much smaller amount of "playmoney" than most of the grown men on this forum. THanks Derek

Back