Rear stabilizer bar end links

dms825

Are there supposed to be bushings in the top part of the rear stabilizer bar end links? The rest of the bushings in the rear look fine, and the bottom bushings on the rear end links look good, but there's nothing in the top of either end link - just bare metal hitting bare metal.

The factory rear stab. links have an "eye" in the top end, should be a round bushing in there. This attaches to the adapter bracket that is on the ends of the rear stab. bar. You can go with a pair of generic aftermarket end links that just use a stud and two bushings on each end, if you remove those adapter brackets.

cheers,
Ed N.

OEM vs. aftermarket

fast Ed N said:
You can go with a pair of generic aftermarket end links that just use a stud and two bushings on each end, if you remove those adapter brackets.
I don't understand why more people haven't done exactly this. The ADDCO or Energy Suspension end links are MUCH stronger than the whimpy OEM end links!

But for people who just gotta have an "original-ish" part, I think that mn12performance sells repo OEM end links with poly bushings.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Like everything else there are pros & cons. If you have the stock bar you can only use the slim (3/8" bolt I believe) Energy Suspension links and they tend to bend. I guess that's why the stock bars have swivel joints in them (front & back). I have the 1.1/8" Addco bar on the rear with their 5/8" bolted link & lower springs and, that seem to work ok. I've heard other people have had better success just cutting the stock links shorter & welding them back together. Then just replacing the stock bushings for urethane ones.
What I'd like to know is what is best for a lowered front. I still have the stock bar & links, and Addco won't answer my e-mail about supplying me shorter links for the front. I wonder what they supply, if anything, for the fatter front bars they sell ??

Re: 3/8" hardware

Joisey Jim said:
If you have the stock bar you can only use the slim (3/8" bolt I believe) Energy Suspension links and they tend to bend.
The answer to this problem is only a drill bit away!

68COUGAR

MN12 Performance sells a complete polyurethane kit for the rear sway bar and it includes end links. All SC had the 3/4" endlinks. v6 and v8 used 5/8" endlinks.

Rear Sway Bar Kit

rear-swaybar-kit.JPG

Back