9.00 sec sc

randyc1441

hi guys ,when are we going to see a 9.00 sec sc or is it possible. Seen many 9.00 sec GN 3.8 we cant let gm have a leg up on us ford people.

No reason you cant have a supercharged SC in the 9's..But whos willing to spend the cash..a 9 sec GN costs money as well

9.00 sec. sc

ive seen turbo setups in the same price range as some modded supercharger setups on these sc's. plus you dont have to wait for some company to come out with a kit, buy the components do it yourself. besides i wasnt being butt wipe or anything i just think it would be cool and your right it would be high $ for a 9.00 sec car. i get tired of people saying birds are slow s/c and non s/c. were i live everyone is band wagon riders , they want what is in style mustangs and imports . and 50 % of them actually know nothing at all about engines or other related components. but i will respect anyone that tries to keep motorsports alive regardless if they like a hopped up grimlins, it is what you like not what everyone else thinks you should like.

Well, the problem has been trying to get anyone with $$ and inclination to do what you are talking about. I have the inclination but not the money to back it up. While it may only take $20K in parts to make it work, but being that we would be treading in uncharted waters with this, expect that another $20K+ would be wasted on broken parts and R&D. Remember, time is money and other things like race track time, dyno time, all that stuff costs money that isn't included in a "parts list".

Frank (dirtybird) has peaked the interest of Mr. Berry at HP Motorsports (is that the company? I forgot.) Anyway, and that is the first real interest that any "big dog" has expressed in our cars. It could easily turn out to be the start of something amazing but only time will tell.

Anyone who thinks SC's are slow has not had anything to do with some of us. :D Some of us are not intimidated by anything on the street and hold our own pretty well at the track too. Too bad we are so few and far between. :(

Anyone who thinks SC's are slow has not had anything to do with some of us. Some of us are not intimidated by anything on the street and hold our own pretty well at the track too. Too bad we are so few and far between.

And I for one, like it that way. Im glad there arent a bajillion sc owners everywhere. I didnt buy the SC to be the fastest car on the road. If i was worried about that so much, i would have got stang....like everyone else and their brother :rolleyes: . I chose the SC for many different reasons. Its one awesome looking car and its technology was well ahead of its time. :cool:

I think a 9 second "SC" could be possible but it would depend on your definition of an "SC". If you scrapped the IRS and put in a straight axel with a 4-link or ladder bar rear suspension, gutted the interior and used a tubular front K-member you would be on your way there. All the 9 second GNs I've seen have run front runners and slicks with rear gears taller than any of us are running.

I'm sure a 9 second SC is possible, but it would not be a streetable car. I would much rather have a street legal fully equipped daily driven 10 second SC that can spank just about anything on the road.

David

I bet there aren't any practical street driven 9 second GNs either.
For that matter, the only 9 second practical street driven vehicle I can think of probably only has 2 wheels. I know of some street legal 9 second Mustangs around here but they run on race fuel only and they have gears that would keep you from driving very far on the street. Not very practical.

Unfortunately in the end our weakpoint will be the factory block,,,How much can it take.

:D :D BTW - That's just speculation! :D :D

Anthony

ps- And I beat it within an inch of it's life every chance I get. As I did last night running at the track through 6k rpm range (*thanks for the insight dave*) without a problem CONSTANTLY!!

David Neibert said:
I'm sure a 9 second SC is possible, but it would not be a streetable car. I would much rather have a street legal fully equipped daily driven 10 second SC that can spank just about anything on the road.

David

David is right a street car is a lot more fun then a track car. :)

i bought my sc because not many people know what it is. when i hear someone say "nice supercoupe" i think to myself, wow this guy knows a few things. because nowhere on our cars is "supercoupe" spelled out. given time one of us will break into the 9's. btw, what is the fastest supercoupe running that our little family knows about?

SilverCasket said:
As I did last night running at the track through 6k rpm range (*thanks for the insight dave*) without a problem CONSTANTLY!!
So what did your car run Anthony? If you dont want to tell, at least share the trap speed.

Paul

Forgive the ignorance, but can you even have both a turbo and a super on the same block?

If so, wouldn't that require massive cash and rebuilding?

Yes you can have a super-turbo(supercharged-turbine motor), and yes it does take a lot of money to build up....unfortunately... :eek:

Ignorance is bliss..

You can get a steel billet crank....You can get H beam rods....You can get aftermarket forged pistons..You can even debur and get a girdle for your stock block..

The stock block is the weakpoint for the built up 3.8 period.

Perhaps 450 or so rwhp seems like alot of hp for most of you but in the game of HP is really isnt much...Start making real power out of the 3.8 with all the goodies..Guess whats going to go....Ive split stock 302 blocks in half at the 750 rwhp mark....I'm sure the 3.8 block has its limitations as well. Noones made enough power to not break everything else but the crank yet.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Ignorance is bliss..

You can get a steel billet crank....You can get H beam rods....You can get aftermarket forged pistons..You can even debur and get a girdle for your stock block..

The stock block is the weakpoint for the built up 3.8 period.

Perhaps 450 or so rwhp seems like alot of hp for most of you but in the game of HP is really isnt much...Start making real power out of the 3.8 with all the goodies..Guess whats going to go....Ive split stock 302 blocks in half at the 750 rwhp mark....I'm sure the 3.8 block has its limitations as well. Noones made enough power to not break everything else but the crank yet.

Damon,

I think the 3.8 SC block is far stronger than a stock 5.0 block. And I don't think a girdle is necessary either. I'll bet the SC block could easily handle 600 rwhp where as the 5.0 block gets iffy at anything over 500 rwhp.

David

Back