Finshed Wideband Install (Pics)

fastsc92

Well i finshed the wideband install after a few days of carefully taking the dash apart, moving things, doing neat wiring, ect,ect. Here's the final pics. Its nothing super special, but i think it looks clean, and basic. I added a boost gauge as well just because i needed to fill that space, and the stock one is less than accurate. Overall things went well. Its a nice device, and fun to toy around with. I'm datalogging MAF, TPS, ECT, RPM, MPH, and air/fuel. Its nice to datalog wireless and compare your ratio to maf and tps voltage. I was running really lean at WOT, now i got it down to about 12.5:1. I'd like to get it in the 11.8 range. Part throttle is still a little lean as well, ranging from 14.7-15.5. I'd like to get that down to a steady 14.5ish. As you can tell i have a lot of playing around to do as well eec tuning. Here's the pics what do you think?

433758_53_full.jpg

433758_54_full.jpg

433758_56_full.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. ;)

looking good! i like the switch panel and gauge panel you made. Very innovative. Can you directly tune your eec through that system or did you already have a tunable eec?

Cool stuff, keep up the good work. :)

Thanks, you have to tune via an EEC tuner or other device. This company's website is a little misleading. They state that it stores and hour of data. But, you have to run a laptop in the car if you want to datalog. I figured the unit recorded it and then you transfered it later. Also, when you data log, you have to choose the inputs. The wideband datalog info is not automatically sent to the laptop. You need to use one of the six logger inputs for it to work. Example...i use all 6 inputs on: MPH, RPM, TPS, MAF, ECT, and wideband a/f. I hope i made sense there. Those switches are for the nitrous: arm, purge, and bottle heater

you lost me at datalog :cool: im extremely unfamiliar with any type of eec tuning/calibrating. Although someday ill be looking to do the same. :)

yes, mph is a pulse signal, and the unit provides two pulse and 4 volt inputs. SO i pulse would be mph, rpm, or knoeck sensor....stuff like that. Volt is a 0-5v source.

mph...

So where are you picking up the 5v source for mph? And what are you using for values, do you have a table?

all my signals are coming from the computer, or the wiring harness that plugs into it. The speed signal is not a 0-5v reading, but rather a pulse signal. The program i am using has a function in it for a speedo. There is a frequency and that can be adjusted so that it reads correctly. I still need to toy with it, but i'm sure charts are available. For ECT, i found a chart that gives deg. varying at different voltages. And i make the laptop realise that at 3volts....it should be 50deg.

That's a really nice looking installation. I've been looking into installing a wideband AFR monitor, too. I like the LM-1 and another one from Zeitronix. There are a lot of monitors out there that don't use a wideband O2 sensor and have colored LED indicators from 12 to 16 that would be practically worthless in our cars.

yea, cause im gunna have about 4,736,522 questions when i get mine. So you better learn this thing pretty good! hehe :p

yes sir....lol. Ya i've pretty much got it down as far as data-logging and stuff. I still havent done the final tune with working over 40 hours a weeks as a kid, and not having any time. It just takes more time than i thought writing tuner files to correct the mixture. Its mostly trial and error, but now i can monitor my errors...lol. Keep in mind that i havent even touched my timing curves, but already it feels like a whole new car.

There isn't too much guessing to be done when you have the WB02 and MAF signal datalogged!

How have you been adjusting your AF mixture?

So far i have just changed my fuel tables and adjusted the maf flow valves from c&l. Seemed to help a lot, but there is still room for improvment.

About the guessing...i was just stating that i'm new to EEC tuning. I'm starting to play with accel tables and tps accel enrichment stuff. I didn't really know what worked and what didn't, but now i can see my tip-in air/fuel and adjust it via those values.

The main question is does your commanded A/F match your actual throughout the RPM range? If not you need to adjust the MAF table until it does. You will not get correct tip in AF unless the MAF is right.

Most stock EEC's command about 11.0:1 AF at WOT so that is where I would start.

well the maf table still needs to be changed a bit. Right now, i'm running the stock fuel tables. At idle its dead on, comanding a 15.34 ratio, and thats just about what i'm getting. At WOT its a 12.4ish, and the table comands 12.4669 at 120% load. Its pretty darn close, but i'm going to get a ratio near 11.8.

Back