can you take out the A/C compressor

daivd z

I want to take out my a/c can you take out the compressor and just get a shorter belt or do you have to have some sort of pulley there?

daivd z said:
I want to take out my a/c can you take out the compressor and just get a shorter belt or do you have to have some sort of pulley there?

David hey bro what's up with a/c compressor? well if its stil in working order or you just dont want to use the a/c just unplug it but depending on what your trying to do

I took mine out because every part of the system was shot.
I was just to costly to fix.

After removeing the compressor. It is much easier to work on the passenger side of the motor,& looks a lot better cleaning all that junk out of the way.
My SC runs much cooler after removing the condensor in front of the radiator.
The motor picked up some power because the condensor is not covering up the front of the intercooler.

If you do a search ,and type in A/C DELETE.You should find some pictures and how to do the a/c delete.

All you need is to remove the A/C and buy a shorter belt.And reroute the belt.
I cannot give you the length of the belt.Because I am sure that my pullies are
a different diameter than yours.

RANDY

hey randy, i was just wondering if you had a picture of which tab to knock off on the idler pulley, just a lil uncertain and dont want to f... anyhting up on it, cause i took everything else out and want to take the compressor off.

i was thinking it was that tab that stuck out where you could see the spring inside of it, and b knocking that off it would go to a neutral position...correct? and then u just run the belt right over the idler pulley...correct?

I actually havent used the A/C since ive owned the car. I need to remove the condenser to fit something in there :D Randy I think I saw your pictures I have the March underdrive pullies I think thats what you have too. I want to know how to cut the tab off too.

Back