PDA

View Full Version : rattling exhaust

Ronald Wendt
06-24-2004, 02:36 PM
I must of hit something or another because now my exhaust rattles in a couple of places over any type of bumpy surface. Drives me crazy

I looked and nothing seems loose at all. But it does touch where the two pipes go over a cross bar after the gas tank and where the one pipe goes near the rear end housing when I grab the system and try to move it. I have true 2 1/4" duals.

Can I put some kind of insulation where the pipes hit the other objects? Or try and pull the system over to one side a little to keep tension on the system to keep it away from the rear end etc?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Ron

ThunderDave
06-24-2004, 02:58 PM
If you can't find where it is bumpming at, it could be a cat that the core has broken in and they will rattle sometimes.

David

Ronald Wendt
06-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Actually I have no cats.

I can se where the pipes hit, one pipe hits the front of the rear end housing as it curves around it and both pipes bump against a cross bar after the tank. I just need to figure out a way to bend or insulate or whatever to get it to stop.

Ron

ThunderDave
06-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Ron,

Maybe a hanger of some type to get it away from the rear end. Or you might just need to go by a muffler shop and see if they can fix it for you. Hope you get it figured out. I know it can be irritating to have that kind of rattle. When I had my high flow cats put on, they got the drivers side cat really close to the floorboard and every now and then it bumps it. I'm thinking about taking it back and have them move it a little.

Good luck on getting yours fixed.

David