coolant temp circut/sensor problems

Bacondoggy

my car threw 2 codes about the temp sensor - voltage too low and that it is shorted out or something. well I ran a resistance check and got about 40k on the sensor and 60k through the wires (connector) and it isn't grounded either. any ideas if this is malfunctioning and how to tell if it is? and would it make the car run rich by it telling the car the engine is cold if it is malfunctioning?

any help? I took it out... it is a ford sensor not aftermarket... do these go bad often? according to my grandpa, it is out of the value that it should be for resistance..

also, is aftermarket (thinking about Wells) alright for the sensor or should I get OEM ford equiptment?

well - found out the sensor and the voltage going to the sensor is FINE. so why am I getting incorrect codes thrown!?!?!?! This is bed. Does this mean my ECU is bad? the idoit before me had a superchip in it I took it out and reset the EEC... I was told that shouldn't have affected it though... this pisses me off...

If you are certain the sensor is good and input voltage is correct as well, I would check for continuity from pin which connects to the output side of the sensor to the pin at the PCM plug and see where that leaves you.

Paul

Back