PDA

View Full Version : Locked treads.........

dirtybird91
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
I know I will be slammed on the ground and given a "Rodney King" beating for this, but I noticed that a few treads were "locked" today. :rolleyes:

I reviewed the tread that I started and I personally apologize to anyone that feels as if the tread was intended to insult anyone.
We are just a few car nuts participating in harmless humor, and the tread was not intended to be taken seriously or offensive. In fact, I am POSITIVE that noone participating in the tread was REMOTELY offended.
My question is simple.

Were any of you guys offended by the series of treads that were locked? Of course you were offended GLDIII, so your responce will not be necessary. I am just hoping to get an opinion from the masses, so please don't take this offensively.

BTW: The treads in question are "Lets hear some jokes.....(Me first)" and "Your mama is so....."

Toms-SC
06-25-2004, 12:58 PM
In before the lock :)

gldiii
06-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Frank, my tolerance to offensive material is probably higher than most people. The threads were not closed on the basis that they were offensive to me. I stated the reasons for closure in the posts and I won't expand on that here.

You are welcome to poll people on the threads, but I am moving this thread to the more appropriate polls forum. Please follow the rules and post in the appropriate forums!

SC UL8R1990
06-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Frank, i believe you answered your own question in your poll options. It wasn't so much that it was offensive as it was bad taste. IIRC there is a "PG" rating on these boards. regardless of topic. I think we got a little out of hand. Im sure the administrators would have warned us before locking but they (the threads) did get a little out of control rather quickly. So now we know. :D

I'll admit im a bit guilty in all of this too. :p :)

dirtybird91
06-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Frank, my tolerance to offensive material is probably higher than most people. The threads were not closed on the basis that they were offensive to me. I stated the reasons for closure in the posts and I won't expand on that here.

gldiii,

I admire you for responding to this in the proffessional manner that I have learned you for. I did not start the poll in defiance, but I just want to be reassured that the community of the SCCOA does not label me as someone who would be disrespectful.
Thanks again.