NA 3.8 Intake on SC

blksc

Is it possible to botl an non SC intake on my SC block ? If so are the sensor locations the same ? I plan on using that awesome SSX intake to complete my turbo setup thats in the works.

Yes it will fit in fact that's what I want to use for my M112 project if I ever get around to it. I have one and the sensors are basically in the same place. The ACT is located in one of the runners. The outlet for the thermostat is in the same place. And all the FWD and RWD cars I looked at had the same part number on the lower manifold.

Jeff

Being the injectors are in the heads I always wondered if you could use a carb 3.8 intake and make a elbow sim to the Spyder intake sold for 302's...Seems it would be easy fab

Last edited:
The only 3.8 carb manifolds I have seen are 2bbl with the execption of the one that Vernon has on his 82' Mustang and it's a butchered one from Morana for a 4bbl (basically a carb spacer welded to the top with a lot of the original mounting area milled/cut out. You would need to make brackets (bosses) to hold the rail down.

The EFI one has them, but I don't know if they are in the same location (haven't looked that close). Building a plenum for the upper half would be easy on the NA intake and you could mount the TB where you wanted (front or side).

Jeff

I just would have thought a 4 barrel type manifold would perhaps flow better or more equally then the fuel injected type..I think Ford SVO used to sell em back in the day

Randy what did yours come off of? Mine is from a late 80's Tbird.

Attachments

• Manifold for NA.jpg
    Manifold for NA.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 100
Mine came from David Dalke.You would need to ask him.

So I do not have any info.I was going to cut it up and use parts of the runners to weld into a SC manifold.

Randy

blksc don't jump the gun.The N/A manifold next to the SC manifold.I do not know what it came off of.I got this manifold from XR7 DAVE.He may see this
post and tell you what you need.You might be able to PM dave and ask him
were this manifod came from.And the proper one you need.
Randy

I have no idea where it came from. I see that the casting is slightly different and it has no bolt between the paired runners. Nor does it have an ACT bung. Weird. I'm sure otherwise it is the same. All single port 3.8's have the same heads so it can't be all that different. It is probably a later casting.

Dave,

That is wierd...It does seem to be missing that one bolt hole...Perhaps this is a job for Fast Ed!!!It's probbaly just fine under non boosted applications

Back