hissing sound

turbospeed

today i cleaned out the tb with carb cleaner , and i noticed a small hesitation before reving up and a hissing sound when i shut off the car.. any ideas (btw this is with blower belt removed.

In a way, I am kind of glad you did this because it has given me insight into similar symptoms I have been having w/ no explanation.. though it may cost you $60.00 :D

If you cleaned the TB with carb or similar cleaner while the Idle air control valve was still attached, it is very likely the chemical in cleaning solution damaged the IAC diaghram. This has been experienced by other members who have done the same thing.

The reason I could not identify the symptoms previously is because they do not match the conventional IAC symptoms. Normally, its failure is associated with a moaning sound at idle and erratic/high idle rpm. However, I could see the diaghram disintegrating enough to allow enough air passage so there is no howling noise, and other have experienced a low idle when the IAC fails opposed to high idle. Some have even experienced rich operating conditions.

An idea, I think this may be it. Hopefully others can shed further light on this problem, for both of our benefit.

Goodluck!

I noticed a whistle of air after shutdown until I tightened and resealed the collar nut and flanges to the IC. Another noise I can hear is from the bypass valve closing which is good on my car.

Back