Sunroof doesn't stop at closed

sledgehammer

Howdy.

My 93 SC's factory sunroof used to stop at closed. If it was open, and you wanted it vented, it would start to close, stop at closed, and then you would have to hit the button again to vent it. Same the other way; stopping from vent to close, then hit the button again to open.

Well, it doesn't stop at closed now. There has to be some sort of switch that senses when it is at closed, but the Chilton guide I have does not show anything with the sunroof.

Anyone know where the switch is?

TIA,

Spencer

A/C-Heat cuts out when accelerating

I have a funny situation, everybody.

My fan, for AC, heat, and vent, dies when I accelerate, like up an onramp, passing someone, etc.

Anyone have a clue where to look?

Spencer

Last edited:
if you have my a/c on the vents and you give it any kind of positive boost it changes over and blows out the defrost until you let off then it goes back to vent and you can hear something go thump inside dash somewhere...anybody know what that might be too?

sho taurus said:
if you have my a/c on the vents and you give it any kind of positive boost it changes over and blows out the defrost until you let off then it goes back to vent and you can hear something go thump inside dash somewhere...anybody know what that might be too?

Umm.... not to be sarcastic but that "thudding" noise when you let off the gas from boost, is actually the door for the Ac direction closing, you know the piece that changes the direction of the air so it comes out the defrost or the floor or the dash... i dont know about the switch for the sun roof, good luck...

"CHECH VALVE" is the thing that is supposed to keep that from happening, its in the vaccum line that goes from the engine into the fire wall into the dash which is supposed to stop that from happening under acceleration...

jOe

sledgehammer said:
Howdy.

My 93 SC's factory sunroof used to stop at closed. If it was open, and you wanted it vented, it would start to close, stop at closed, and then you would have to hit the button again to vent it. Same the other way; stopping from vent to close, then hit the button again to open.

Well, it doesn't stop at closed now. There has to be some sort of switch that senses when it is at closed, but the Chilton guide I have does not show anything with the sunroof.

Anyone know where the switch is?

TIA,

Spencer

The position switch for the Moonroof is in the back. The little trap door in the headliner over the back seat should give you access, but you might need to remove the motor to see it. There is the motor, and a large plastic gear, on the outside edge of that gear are indentations. The switch has a lever that rides along the outside of the gear and it stops the motor when it gets to one on the indentations.

sledgehammer said:

You should probably pull the inspection cover and remove the motor, looking for any possible issues. If it all looks good, bolt it back up but leave the cover off and through through the re-sync procedure as outlined in this thread from last year:

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27991&highlight=power+sunroof

sledgehammer said:
My fan, for AC, heat, and vent, dies when I accelerate, like up an onramp, passing someone, etc.

Many SC's (not all) have a A/C cut-off relay that is activated when you go to Wide Open Throttle. This relay disables the A/C compressor clutch to remove that hp theft from the crankshaft.

Assuming you have the Climate Control system, it likely decreases fan speed automatically when the A/C goes away as an attempt to maintain the temperature.

Just a guess. Try not going to WOT during these events and see if that's the trigger. I'm not sure where the relay is, but you could yank the relay and see if that removes the issue as well.

Back