Continuing Idle problem

kenewagner

Car has run rough since I installed FMIC. Most people have said it is probably a vaccuum leak. I have run propane over all hose connections, the IC & piping and have found no leaks. The car has new ford plugs & wires and I have checked to be sure their are no loose connections. When it runs it has a strong gas smell so I think it is running rich. I looked under the car this morning and found a plug going nowhere dangling by the starter. It runs into a loom with the wiring for the right side oxygen sensor. Can anyone tell me where it plugs into?I had one of my mechanics, just before I started my FMIC project change the motor mounts and I wonder if he left something disconnected. He no longer works for me so I cant ask him. If I dont get this problem solved I will have to pay the Ford dealer to solve the problem.

Attachments

• Plug 1.jpg
    Plug 1.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 112
Ken
when my motor mounts were done for the 1st time at the dealer
the car barely ran when I picked it up --but the dealer was closed when I picked it up--any way
on the right side
they broke 1 wire to the o2 sensor
they broke the knock sensor clean off--it was hanging from the wire
and they broke oil sensor going into the oil pan
they snapped the wire connector on that

any how--car barely idled ran like crap
the dealer denied all these things
so I fixed them myself and everything was fine
ran great after these parts were replaced

I would start looking at wiring \
g/l
Josh

I was hopeing for a better response. I have checked wiring, and it is all in place, with the exception on the posted picture. The car is running rich. I would perfer to solve the problem and fix it myself but if you guys dont have some ideas its off to the Ford dealer. Thanks Josh for the input

kenewagner said:
Where does it plug in to. Sounds like that could be my problem.

The knock sensor is in the side of the block forward of the starter behind a metal heat shield.

However, I don't think it would cause the problems you're having.....

Looks like that's your O2 sensor thats unplugged. It would definitely cause it to run rich. You'll also get a EEC code for that. You should pull codes just to verify it. AZone will do it for you for free.

Back