Autotrans Leak

gearheadtoo

I have a '94 SC with the AOD-E trans. It leaks trans fluid badly during hard acceleration or high speed driving. Under these conditions it sprays fluid all over the exhaust system and smoke rolls out from under the car. It's not coming from the dipstick tube. A trans shop suggested that it may be something internal. Feedback , anyone? Thanks!

If it were me I would replace the trans lines and if it still leaks you might have a leaking pump on the front of the trans. Can you see or dose it give any clue to where its comming from? Just so you know its a 4R70W trans.

scbird1 said:
If it were me I would replace the trans lines and if it still leaks you might have a leaking pump on the front of the trans. Can you see or dose it give any clue to where its comming from? Just so you know its a 4R70W trans.

Thanks for the quick reply. The fluid seems to be coming from the front of the trans on the drivers side on the top.

yeah, maybe u need to check your fluid and see if its not overheating, check ur radiator temp, hot fluid becomes extra thin and makes it easily leakable through the seals, mines would do the same thing, seems my car was over heating and causing the fluid to over-heat. I went through 5 fluid changes in 2 weeks before realizing the problem. After u replace the fluid, drop in a bottle of LUCAS TRANSMISSION FIX. Latez

There is a vent on top. Could someone have filled you trans to high? The overheating sounds more logical.

Back