starting problem

robco

My '91 S/C won't 're-start' when it's hot outside, as in outside air temperature? Any ideas?

Poor quality connections, or a defective electronic component, or vapor lock.

Since you mention re-start, can it be assumed that intially the vehicle will start?

When the problem occurs you should check for fuel pressure and then check for spark. In the mean time it wouldn't hurt to disconnect and reconnect all electrical connections under the hood. Especially those on the coil pack, DIS, cam position sensor and crank position sensor.

If your car is an automatic, I'd also watch the upshift light while cranking to see if it's flashing. If so, it's indicating that the EEC is not receiving a signal from the crank sensor.

Re:

robco said:
My '91 S/C won't 're-start' when it's hot outside, as in outside air temperature? Any ideas?

Make sure that there is heat sink compound between where your DIS module is mounted to your engine. Only takes a fe minutes and it fixed a similar problem with my car.
-broham

or in ur starter, when my car overheats and its hot outside, the starter has a hard time turning the engine over. :D

Back