Help! HG replacement parts?

Dahoopd

Well, i have returned for more great advise. I finally bought the 93 Sc after some input from every one here. 93SC 5-speed, white, 120K. The car is in ecellant shape save for the HG and minor interior cosmetics. I got the car for $500. When I had a wife I couldn't get the car, great news got rid of the wife and found my car. Anyway, I want to start the HG task and need pointers on the parts and knowledge of the been there done that. I am not to concerned at this time on upgrades except for the exhaust and intake. My concern is with the following areas. Any help is greatly appreciated almost as much *** my wife leaving. I printed out Scott Longs how to pointers for the task.
What type of head bolts and gaskets.
What to have done to the heads when sent to the shop.
(Do the shops grind the valve seats)
What radiator upgrades to minimize the risk of doing this again sooner than later.
Do I replace the lifters and springs, how do I know if its needed.
Are there any SC chages,maintenance,or upgrades that need to be done at this point.
Thanks for the help,and I hope to be blazin the streats with some of you someday soon.

In progress myself..

I am doing a headgasket on a fairly beatin up SC and this is what i did:

Machine work:
Hot tanked heads
Checked for cracks
Welded water jackets (they are probably eatin up)
Surfaced heads
Freshen up the valves
New seats

Then get yourself a pair of Felpro head gaskets, and a set of arp studs.

I think first you may need to determine if the car blew the gaskets because of detonation or heat. I think most will say open up the exhaust, and ensure your cooling system is working properly.

Hey,
How do I tell if it was detonation or heat. Should I have a total valve job done to the heads. What advise can you give me regarding the cooling system. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
Back