PDA

View Full Version : so whats the next event???

BT Motorsports
06-28-2004, 04:13 AM
www.thecaliforniaclassic.com July 24 & 25, 2004 seems to be the only thing mentioned, however it is a cruise event, no racing. Anyone have idea or interest in other events for July?

Paul

Andre Perrault
06-29-2004, 01:49 AM
www.thecaliforniaclassic.com July 24 & 25, 2004 seems to be the only thing mentioned, however it is a cruise event, no racing. Anyone have idea or interest in other events for July?

Paul

Paul,
Some suggestions, (sorry Ron here I go again ;) ).
Irwindale 1/8th mile, have no info -
Palmdale (long trip for some), have no info -
FFW October, Fontana -
Famoso (Bakersfield) October, or ?? meet with nor cal, open dates around FFW -
Just go on a Cruise and eat some place or a BBQ at a park?, have fun -
AutoFest Fontana 7/24 & 25/04 general admission $20.00 includes parking, vehical registration $85.00 includes one guest (show, prizes & trophies) lots of walking & looking -
Qualcomm Fridays 7/9th, 23rd, 30th appears to be end of their season -
NEED INPUT FROM ALL, PLEASE PARTICIPATE!!!!
Andre ;)

blksc
06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
1/8 Mile tracks are pretty lame, although you'll usually find some cool cars at irwindale. Hopefully i'll have the 91SC running soon.

al35thsc
06-29-2004, 11:52 AM
1/8 Mile tracks are pretty lame, although you'll usually find some cool cars at irwindale. Hopefully i'll have the 91SC running soon.
Isnt that where your old 94 ran a 5.67 at 190 mph or something?

blksc
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Man i wish.

BT Motorsports
06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Here is the schedule for Irwandale for July:
7/1/2004 Thursday T-N-T
7/8/2004 Thursday T-N-T
7/11/2004 Summit ET Racing Series
7/15/2004 Thursday T-N-T
7/22/2004 Thursday T-N-T
7/29/2004 Thursday T-N-T

Palmdale (LACR):
10th - Test & Tune - 8a-3p
17 - 18th - Team LACR - SCEDA - California Classic Series - Road Kings/Early Riders Car Club - Time Only
24th - West Corvette Challenge - Time Only
31st -Boys & Girls Club "National Kids Day"

AutoFest Fontana (http://www.thecaliforniaclassic.com) 7/24 & 25/04 general admission $20.00 includes parking, vehical registration $85.00 includes one guest (show, prizes & trophies) lots of walking & looking.

I personally plan to do lots of racing on various days though I have no set schedule at this point as to when. I may or may attend autofest depending on Mandi's work schedule. $85 is pretty steep to show (which my car is not in near presentable condition let alone show at this point).
Right now, I definitely plan to attend LACR on the 10th and will be racing, Mandi most likely will race as well.

I am open to qualcomm again if on the 23rd or 30th. Maybe this time Mike will have a trailer and attend.

Right now, I definitely plan to attend LACR on the 10th and will be racing, Mandi most likely will race as well. With that said, everyone chime in, who is up for the 10th?

Paul

al35thsc
06-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Throw in a tech party and a barbecue in there and we'll finish up the year.

BT Motorsports
06-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Throw in a tech party and a barbecue in there and we'll finish up the year.
Hell, I'm trying to get the month of July decided on and your trying to finish the last half of 04 already! I think August would be a great month for a BBQ if someone wants to host it. Still waiting for a confirmation of October's shootout.

Paul

blksc
06-30-2004, 01:38 AM
I have never been to LACR i'd be up for going although i'd probably have to bring the shamefuly slow concorde. :(

BT Motorsports
06-30-2004, 03:59 AM
Carlos, I have assisted in complete removal and installation of an SC engine in under 10 hours start to finish, I think you can get the SC running in 10 days especially since you were offered help :rolleyes:
Al, no excuses about how the SC looks, LACR is close enough for you to attend.
Andre seems like he is interested so I presume he will be there. I guess we will have to wait a few more days before the rest of the crew checks in. I will be giving Mike the business about showing up and see if I can convince Val to drive up for the day. I guess I need to call Lee and drag him out as well so he can finally get that car running right and a decent time.

Paul

blksc
06-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Paul i do need your help i just dont want to put anyone out. The problem i' think i'll have after the head gasket job is complete is the fact that i had absolutely NO spark coming from to the coil pack. I took a look at the crank position sensor.. it was covered in road grime, but i wont know until its all bolted back together. Im also hoping to find a radiator or buy one from radiator express.

blksc
06-30-2004, 09:22 AM
I am actually going to monrovia tonight to work on the car all night. I'd really like to get the car 80-90% done. Paul you are right! i CAN do it. Allz i need is:

Radiator
Engine mounts
Possibly new DIS/ or cranksensor
Drivers front window
a lil luck!

al35thsc
06-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Carlos, I have assisted in complete removal and installation of an SC engine in under 10 hours start to finish, I think you can get the SC running in 10 days especially since you were offered help :rolleyes:
Al, no excuses about how the SC looks, LACR is close enough for you to attend.
Andre seems like he is interested so I presume he will be there. I guess we will have to wait a few more days before the rest of the crew checks in. I will be giving Mike the business about showing up and see if I can convince Val to drive up for the day. I guess I need to call Lee and drag him out as well so he can finally get that car running right and a decent time.

Paul
Hey, everyone knows my car has a clean engine at the VERY least ;) I might show up with white fenders to go with the white mirrors Manny gave me. Just keep me informed about it, my memory is not what it used to be.

Coast to Coast SC
06-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I might be able to get there. I'll bring it to comitee and see what happens. I have never run at LACR but when Lee and I were there for FFW it looked well prepped. The heat and the elevation may not make it a fast day though.

Anthony

Paul: On the topic from Friday night, my best times (full and 60')have come from Fontana with a close second to Famoso. The Fontana times were in Feb though. My highest trap was 93.80 and was from Carlsbad...lots o' ice!

Andre Perrault
06-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Well, Andre and I won't be able to see everyone at LACR on the 10th. We are going to Big Bear that weekend (so he can show the Corvette owners how a SC handles). He has two buddies that are showing, don't know if they will let the SC on the slalom course but he may be able to do it. He scared the s**t out of one of the buddies the last time they went up. Andre loves curves and was having fun going up the mountain until Rick asked him to slow down. Hope we can catch up with you guys again sometime in July. Let us know if someone is planning a BBQ.
Karen

blksc
07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey paul let me know when you'd like to pick up the T-stat housing. Good fortune smiled on me as i met an old friend who works at the junkyard and he gave me a great deal on an M90 blower. Gave it to me for 50 bucks!

al35thsc
07-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Damn paul, you should have said something, there's an extra t-stat housing at mikes house (unless he threw it out) that I was polishing but gave up on cuz I was swamped at work/school/beer.

BT Motorsports
07-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Anthony, I am not looking for any fast times, in fact, I dont expect to see 13s from my car. I am in the middle of making some changes and intend to use the day for shakedown runs and data acquisition. In fact, dont be surprised if I only make half track passes. If Mike doesn't go, I may see about borrowing his tires and running the balls off the car the last pass or two. It all depends how the tuning goes.

Karen, tell Andre to give em hell. I would like to get involved in an event like that down the road when I finish the suspension.

Carlos, if there are still plans to attend the half off sale, tell me where and when and I will be there. Am I correct in presuming there is no cost to enter and scavage around, only fees are if you purchase something? Cash and carry only? Al, Mandi and I will be at Mike's tomorrow so I can pull her underdrive pulleys off before the car goes in the body shop on Tues. I will ask Mike about it then. I am gathering cores so I can do a run of remanufactured housings as a new product offering.

Paul

blksc
07-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Paul yes i still plan to attend the sale just to see what they have left. I wanted a blower core so i could send back to MP for porting [Do you offer port work for blowers?] but since my buddy gave me the half of sale early i dont need to pull the other. Not sure if i said it but there is one complete sc left, and supposidly another being put out for the sale. The price for entry is 2 bucks. Let me know when you can get started.. usually its best to get there early since the sale attracts alot of people.

blksc
07-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Paul give me a call and i'll tell you how to get there:

the junkyard is off of PCH & BLINN

BT Motorsports
07-02-2004, 08:41 PM
PM me your #.

Paul

rivlee
07-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Palmdale (LACR) is open Wed. nites 5-12. Or at least that's what the locals up hear tell me - I haven't gone over there on a Wed yet.

Lee

BT Motorsports
07-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Wow, Lee rises from the dead once again lol. Should we expect to see you at Palmdale on the 10th Lee?

Paul

rivlee
07-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Hopefully my blankity-blank passive restraint problem will be fixed and I can drive there without "ding-ding-ding" driving ME CRAZY! :eek:

Who all is going and when are we going to meet up?

Lee

al35thsc
07-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Hopefully my blankity-blank passive restraint problem will be fixed and I can drive there without "ding-ding-ding" driving ME CRAZY! :eek:

Who all is going and when are we going to meet up?

Lee
It's just one plug dude ;)

rivlee
07-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Behind the glove box - flat black box with a white connector on the top?

Although that's where the sound seems to be coming from, it looks like too many wires going in for just a tone generator. (?)

Lee

Edit - I did dis-connect it and "ding-ding" is gone. But I'd better not forget to turn my lights off. :p

blksc
07-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Anyway we can get some sort of roll call for Palmdale ?

BT Motorsports
07-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Well, here are those that have expressed interest in going, everyone chime in and I can update the listing:

Paul
Mandi
Anthony
Lee
Al
Carlos
DNA

Mike is still crying about not having a trailor, Andre will be at an autocross and Kris is going to be in Vegas for a concert, so they are definitely no shows.
Someone please contact Ron, Aaron Pedroza and Tin knocker (does he still have an SC?) to advise them since I do not have their contact info.

Lee, dont forget your laptop with a charged battery!

Here is a link to the track: www.LACR.net

Paul

35th SC
07-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Nevermind!

al35thsc
07-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Nevermind!
So you got a trailer? :confused:

rivlee
07-06-2004, 09:15 AM
I've got a DC/AC converter. :D

Lee

35th SC
07-06-2004, 10:23 AM
No trailer yet! I'm just busier than hell. As much as I would like to go (I'd even drive it) I can't seem to find any free time longer than 1 hour segments! Things should slow down a bit in the near future.

Mike

al35thsc
07-06-2004, 10:52 AM
No trailer yet! I'm just busier than hell. As much as I would like to go (I'd even drive it) I can't seem to find any free time longer than 1 hour segments! Things should slow down a bit in the near future.

Mike
Whoa there, I didnt want your life story. A simple no would do. HAH! j/k Anyway, hope ur schedule clears up soon. Again, let me know when its coming back together so I can get some more experience. So when can I tour your shop? :cool:

35th SC
07-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Where's the tequila?

al35thsc
07-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Where's the tequila?
http://www.cabogoodtimes.com/corazonblanco.jpg
http://www.cabogoodtimes.com/corazonreposado.jpg

Was it this kind? If so, I can find it, if not, describe the bottle in more detail and like I said, if its made, I can definitely find it :)

BT Motorsports
07-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Looks like it will be mid 80s by early afternoon, everyone better show up early! Whats the scoop Al and Anthony, are you guys showing or not?

Paul

al35thsc
07-09-2004, 09:42 AM
I was in a car accident last Sat, not in my car. Looks like I was bangged up a little more than I thought and they perscribed Vicadin (tee heeee). Unless I can find someone to drive up there chances are slim. Oh yeah, I LOVE OPIATES! :o :o :o :o

Coast to Coast SC
07-09-2004, 11:07 AM
As of now, I should be at the McDonalds on the SE corner of the 138 & 15 at a little before 7:00 on Saturday morning. Lee, that isn't to far out of your way and will let you have a memory filled drive past the Silverbirds "trouble spot". I think, given the altitude, I'll be looking at [email protected] as an aggressive goal. The correction factors are .97 for ET and 1.03 for mph to sea level. Hope to see you guys in the morning!

Anthony

p.s. Al, be careful after a week or so that Vicodin will bind you up like no ones business :( But for a wicked time nothing beats a beer and a Vicodin before bed time :eek:

The views expressed above should not be adhered to in any circumstances and my lead to permanent injury or even death...but would Al notice if either one happened?

al35thsc
07-09-2004, 11:13 AM
As of now, I should be at the McDonalds on the SE corner of the 138 & 15 at a little before 7:00 on Saturday morning. Lee, that isn't to far out of your way and will let you have a memory filled drive past the Silverbirds "trouble spot". I think, given the altitude, I'll be looking at [email protected] as an aggressive goal. The correction factors are .97 for ET and 1.03 for mph to sea level. Hope to see you guys in the morning!

Anthony

p.s. Al, be careful after a week or so that Vicodin will bind you up like no ones business :( But for a wicked time nothing beats a beer and a Vicodin before bed time :eek:

The views expressed above should not be adhered to in any circumstances and my lead to permanent injury or even death...but would Al know it if either one happened?
Thanks for worrying Anth, I only take them when I really need them. I dont want to become dependant or worse yet addicted.

I dunno about mixing, last time I did that I ended up on REvolucion in TJ wearing a donkey costume while some fat stripper was riding me in front of some sailors. Best weekend EVAR!

rivlee
07-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Vicadin was the lighter stuff they down graded me to after my surgery. It didn't feel like much after all the time they had me on morphine. :eek:

Just be careful man. Your judgement of who to ride with hasn't been all that great when you've been straight. :D

Yeah Anthony, see you in the AM.

Lee

al35thsc
07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Vicadin was the lighter stuff they down graded me to after my surgery. It didn't feel like much after all the time they had me on morphine. :eek:

Just be careful man. Your judgement of who to ride with hasn't been all that great when you've been straight. :D

Yeah Anthony, see you in the AM.

Lee
Yeah morphine was great. They gave me that with the circular saw accident. If I drive up there it will be with a girl and she can drive my car. So I can scold her all the way up there about downshifting properly teehee

Tin-Knocker105
07-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey i'm gonna be at Palmdale tomorrow to make a couple runs with the new bird, so add me to the list. I was reading the Drag rules and came accross this rule, i don't know but it might apply to Carlos :eek:
Auto Trans Reverse Lockout
Any non-OME automatic floor-mounted transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put in reverse gear. :D

what do you guys think

see you tomorrow

Coast to Coast SC
07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
I may be running a few minutes late..top off your coffee and I'll get there. My friend Jim is bringing his Mustang so I'll have to take it easy ;) Don't want to leave him too far behind. See ya 6:45-7:15 depending on how hard that silly little pony is running.

Anthony