pics of new paint and ADR 18" wheels!!

92bird

Here's the pics from the all ford day in Denver this weekend:

Everything is done except the '97 color keyed door handles (need to find a pop rivet gun to work with them) and the trunk lock..

newsc1.jpg

newsc2.jpg

newsc3.jpg

newsc4.jpg

Jeramie

nice nice nice, i like that. but that looks real nice, how much that paint job cost??

u should shave the doors and trunk lock, that would look slick

Paint job was about $3k, but I did the dis-assembly, re-assembly, and basic scuff up myself. The shop primed and blocked the car, and filled all the dings, etc.., then shot it with glassurit basecoat/clearcoat. I am having it wet-sanded and buffed next week.

Had I not done the work I did this would have been a $5,000 + paint job

They paid VERY close attention to detail.

Here's what the car looked like before it went to the shop:

prep1.jpg

Jeramie, that looks awesome. I love the late model trim. I'm doing the late trim, 97 handles, and shaving the trunk lock on my 92 along with a cobra r cowl hood. Only things I'd change personally, are the trunk lock would get shaved, and I'd get the clear turn signal housings for the front. That looks really nice. I like the wheels too. Big turn around from the pic of you scuffing it up. Why are the 1/4 windows out? Are you only running a drivers side wiper blade?

Really nice...

Any chance you have any pics of the Red 65 Galaxie convertible in the background? My Dad had one just like that when I was a kid.

Scott, only one wiper blade.. I forgot to put the other one on and was in such a rush to get to the show... As luck would have it, it poured down rain on the way home..

The rear windows were out for paint, EVERYTHING came off and was painted seperately.

Jeramie

Jeramie,
Any past intentions or ideas of changing out those wheels should be forever lost IMO...

It takes some kinda Superman to put a Supercoupe to gether in that amount of time... ;)

Brad

that sc is sweet :cool: leave the outside alone now! looks awesome. :) :cool:

although, itd be nicer is it had APC stickers and altezzas! :eek: :eek:

Brad, I agree 100%... I didn't care for the wheels on the Taurus, but they are a PERFECT match for the SC!

Jeramie

I plan to do everything the same as you to paint my 93. I have some rust I need to cut out and replace with new metal. Did you paint the door jambs as well? Looks like a beautiful paint job

The doorjambs were perfect, so I just had them make a "ghost line".. They use a special foam tape that blends the new paint into the beginning of the door jambs, you can't even tell! Much better than a hard line.

My wife hasn't figured out the attraction of a black SC-one look at that car and she realized why I'm willing to spend another 6K on my 95.

Gotta love how sweet the reflections look on your car-REALLY shows off the quality of the work done!!

You did get a trophy for your car, I hope? ;)

Back