94-95 DIS, where can I get one

FastSC

I've been searching, and no one seems to have a 94-95DIS module, except ford. Has anyone found an aftermarket one?

Not Again?!

Things are starting look like they did a couple of years ago. Autozone lists a Wells Unit F159 but whether they really can get one (or Not) remains to be seen. . . Partsamerica (Advance Auto) no longer lists DIS modules for any year. Sure hope that this isn't the start of another DIS drought.

Don't know if this will help your search at all ... Ford catalogue shows the same part number for the DIS on the 94 - 95 SC, as a 3.8L 94 - 97 Mustang. Also, 94 - 97 3.8 NA Bird California-spec Bird / Cougar (they had DIS as well, rather than a distributor) lists the same thing. Ford # F4ZZ 12K072 A, Motorcraft # DY-689, (was originally F4SZ 12K072 B, DY-727 for the Birds, then the number changed up). Maybe you can cross-reference from that.

cheers,
Ed N.

Standard LX-256

I just ordered a Standard LX-256 for my '94 from www.rockauto.com for $153 & change + shipping. Standard makes all of the DIS modules out there and everyone else just puts them in their boxes. Even AC Delco is selling our DIS modules. Anyway, it shipped today so they are still out there and not going for an arm and leg.

Jim Cook said:
:eek: Ford wants $500+ for that module, WTF is up with that?!

Hmm ... looks like you guys are getting boned on that one. $402.94 is full retail up here, north of the border.

cheers,
Ed N.

List here for the Motorcraft Part No. was a shade over $600 and $617 at Fordpartscheap.com. Same Motorcraft part no. at Rock Auto was $386, substantially cheaper but still no bargain. AC Delco part was around $187 give or take a couple bucks but if they're all coming from Standard. . .

Since some of the prices are way out there and because some places like Advanced don't list them anymore, I was beginning to fear another shortage and price gouging like last time but things seem to be OK for the time being.

Update

The Fedex guy just delivered my Standard DIS module from Rock Auto a few minutes ago. When I pulled it out of the box, the module had the Ford part number and the Motorcraft Logo. It's the same part and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Back