Temp. Sensor (For The Cluster) ???

SuperCoupe007

I have a 90 5-Speed. When i am driving throughout the day sometimes when i see the temp gauge it shows it between the blue patch and the "N", then the next thing i know its between the "O" and the "R" and after i keep my eyes on it, it jumps back a tad bit under the "N". But when i run the A/C it pretty much stays on the left side of the "N"... I've tried to bleed the system various times by running the car and turning on the hearter full blast to try and get all the air out... does anyone know of a better way to bleed the cooling system of the air..... :confused: :confused:

Thanks.

There's an upright tube with a bolt in the top of it just behind the t-stat area,it's the air bleeder tube for the rad/engine.Each time the radiator coolent is changed that bolt should be removed so that as the coolent enters the air will escape.Sometimes the "Remove/Replace" gasket will still be under the bolt but they get lost or damaged over time....
z

Make sure that you try the simple stuff first; unless you are pretty sure that you just changed/flushed the coolant. I don't even think you need to bleed the system. I'll explain: One day, in my 95, my temp sensor was pretty erratic and I just wrote it off. Then it went totally cold. After posting here, someone wrote back and said wiggle/clean out the temp sensor wire plug that is on the front of the intake manifold. It is only one wire and one boot. I wiggled it and walla. Problem fixed. So, wiggle that wire a little bit and see if it fixes it. My .02.

Well i cleaned the temp sensor tip where the connector goes, and i cleaned the connector as well.. I also removed the screw to bleed the system and it didn't seem to have any air, but i poured water in it anyway... I hope that does the trick...

Back