Alert on another obsolete part for SC motors

fast Ed

Hey guys

I had a request this morning for an EGR tube on a 1989 SC. Same tube for 1989 - 1993, p/n is F0SZ 9D477 A. There were only a few showing up here in the Canadian warehouses, but the main U.S. depot in Detroit, the only one I can see inventory on from this side of the border, showed no stock. So I e-mailed one of my contacts at Ford of Canada, and she confirmed my suspicion that these have been made obsolete by Ford. The ones for the 94 - 95 cars had already gone obsolete about 12 months ago. Apparently none of the other U.S. warehouses have any left, it's limited to whatever stock is remaining on dealer shelves. I tried a quick search on www.partsvoice.com , and about 10 dealers come up as still having one.

So if you might be looking for one of these in the near future, you may want to grab it now. :eek:

cheers,
Ed N.

Last edited:
EGR can be deleted, but you need something like an EEC Tuner or custom chip to keep the 'check engine' light from coming on.

cheers,
Ed N.

Ed which tube is it and what does it look like? Can someone post a picture of it? That might be something I can make for the guy's that cannot or do not want to get rid of there EGR. My Mandrel tubing bender should be in pretty soon and I could maybe just whip up a few to help guy's out if they run into a problem. I'm sure the tube is stainless but I need to know the OD of the tubing and what kind of ends are on them, like I say I can bend them up anyway they need to be bent. :)

fast Ed N said:
EGR can be deleted, but you need something like an EEC Tuner or custom chip to keep the 'check engine' light from coming on.

cheers,
Ed N.
Just take the bulb out.

F0sz-9d477-a

Attached photos with heat barrier sleeve removed

Attachments

• DSCN0108 (1).jpg
    DSCN0108 (1).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0110 (1).jpg
    DSCN0110 (1).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Alex, I wondered how long it would take for one of you twits to come up with that. :D

Mike, the tube is approx. 3/4" diameter, about 14" long, with small connections for the hose from the PFE sensor to hook to, and threaded fittings on both ends. Sorry, I don't have a pic. of one to post, maybe George or someone else does.

cheers,
Ed N.

I'll have to look at some info at home to be sure but I believe there is a good chance there is a fixed orifice in that tube that had to be properly sized for the EGR system to work correctly.

Thanks for those pics Jim. That will be a piece of cake to make.
Duffy if you dont mind check and see about that possable orifice.
I would check it out myself but my SC does'nt have EGR and the other 3 around here dont either.

MIKE 38sc said:
Thanks for those pics Jim. That will be a piece of cake to make.
Duffy if you dont mind check and see about that possable orifice.
I would check it out myself but my SC does'nt have EGR and the other 3 around here dont either.

From the info I have here I can't say for sure. There very well may be a flow control orifice in this tube. It could be located in the upper or lower "connector" or fitting. My 92 doesn't have EGR either and I have never seen one of these tubes out of a car.

anyone have a pic of the EGR tube? What is involved in removing it? There is an 89SC at a local u pull it. There motor is fairly complete minus the blower, IC, and coil pack.

joseph

Alex, Ed is right...

You are truly a twit.

Why go to all the trouble of removing the bulb from the check engine light, when it's so much easier to just disconnect the battery?

fast Ed N said:
Hey guys

I had a request this morning for an EGR tube on a 1989 SC. Same tube for 1989 - 1993, p/n is F0SZ 9D477 A. There were only a few showing up here in the Canadian warehouses, but the main U.S. depot in Detroit, the only one I can see inventory on from this side of the border, showed no stock. So I e-mailed one of my contacts at Ford of Canada, and she confirmed my suspicion that these have been made obsolete by Ford. The ones for the 94 - 95 cars had already gone obsolete about 12 months ago. Apparently none of the other U.S. warehouses have any left, it's limited to whatever stock is remaining on dealer shelves. I tried a quick search on www.partsvoice.com , and about 10 dealers come up as still having one.

So if you might be looking for one of these in the near future, you may want to grab it now. :eek:

cheers,
Ed N.

ED,
I have one layin' around the shop someplace...Keep me in mind if it comes to that...I still think that the EGR should just be deleted anyways.

As for the CE light...Alot of us myself included have deleted the EGR and left the electronix connected and do not get a loght...Micah Miller is the one that pointed me in that direction and it worked fine...Ace the chit...

BTW..It is a giveaway part if anyone wants it to produce them for the cummunity, or use it for themselves...

Brad

The EGR valve is the same for early and late, but the shape of the tube is different. I'm thinking this would be to suit the difference in the early and late exhaust manifolds ... the spot where the tube connects is moved.

cheers,
Ed N.

Thanx for the info Ed. The reason I was asking is b/c i FINALLY (and unfortunatelly at the same time) got a 94-95 SC in my local junk yard. It sux b/c somebody (or bodies) beat me to many good parts...but i still managed to grab quite a few...and the EGR tube is still there. I think im gonna grab it even tho i cant use it for my 89...but still, it will be a good spare part.

Removed EGR vs. CEL

fast Ed N said:
Ed, A few years ago I took my EGR off when I put my headers on. Just plugged the top end with appropriate size plug. NEVER had a CEL come on. My mechanic told me that I'd probably have a CEL everytime I started the car, but it never happend. Maybe it's only AOD cars that get the CEL

68COUGAR

Back