2ND annual sc/xr7 shootout in 2004!!!???

aplvlydrtybird

hey everyone this is Keith from minneosta, you may remember Mark and i from the last sc/gtp meet LAST YEAR, he had his 95 and my was sitting at home with no engine, well we werent able to make the last sc/gtp clash, but i was just wondering if anyone from iowa is go to ohio to go to the 2nd annual sc/xr7 shootout in 2004????? i would def like to go, it would def be sweet, and im sure some of you guys are planning on it just wondering what the situation is and if you are traveling over there, would ya wanna meet somewhere along the way??? we take 94 east for quite a while and i can directions later, but just throwing this up in the air, and seeing if anyone is going, i bet mike is probably going but, anyone else? thanks guys!

aplvlydrtybird said:
i bet mike is probably going but, anyone else? thanks guys!

Hi Keith,
Unfortunately, I'm not able to go this year! Biz hasn't been that great this year and I spent most of my money on the '91!

I'm forced to stay a little closer to home this summer!!! :( :( :(

cool, anyone else, its not a for sure thing with us but we are seriously considering it right now, just gotta plan out the schedules.

Are you in for Thursday-Sat night, I will book the rooms tomorrow.
And I got my diff torn apart and cleaned up ready for the 3.55's and auburn.
;)

T-bird4vr said:
Are you in for Thursday-Sat night, I will book the rooms tomorrow.
And I got my diff torn apart and cleaned up ready for the 3.55's and auburn.
;)

sounds good to me- i saw you called a couple days ago but i haven't had time to check my vm or call you back, and i'm not sure when i will until monday at the earliest.... just call me dr. fred :D I just have about everything i need to finish up my car and i would be about done but my current daily driver is dead at work so i'm hitching rides to/from work with my gf. it's always something :mad:

how're you coming with the install? is it a big pita?

It is a big PITA because I have to drive an hour 1 way to work on it. Other than that it is a lot of fun. I like the tedious, get it perfect type jobs.

I did hit a few problems I will write out later.

ugh, i feel your pain. I'm getting ready to mount my cooler/fan and toss my front bumper back on. THE biggest headache right now is tapping my tranny pan for my sending unit. I can't find a shop that wants to do it, and i've been hunting for the tools for two days now. I'm starting to really lose my patience with shops around here....

Man, that should be easy, what is everyone's problem with it?

Oh, I will book the room after the first Josh, the CC bill is a little high this month, and I only get paid once on a month from Pella. I haven't quite got the monthly budget down yet. :rolleyes:

T-bird4vr said:
Man, that should be easy, what is everyone's problem with it?

Oh, I will book the room after the first Josh, the CC bill is a little high this month, and I only get paid once on a month from Pella. I haven't quite got the monthly budget down yet. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what their problem is. the first few shops i called were beating around the bush, then as soon as i said "tranny pan" they immeaditely said "we dont work on cars." so i've resorted to saying that i need to have a steel pan tapped and i avoid using the terminology "transmission pan." anyways... i've called 4 more shops today and two of them said they'd take a look at it. which is bs, because this is a f'ing ten minute job and there's no reason anybody couldn't do it.
I have a tap, and bought a bit do to this myself, but the chuck on my drill is too small for the bit and i really dont want to go buy another drill with a bigger chuck.
Is the plan for the shootout still to take off thurs around noon?

Back