PDA

View Full Version : ARC Problem

Jeremy_K
06-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Recently I had my driver side ARC actuator off for some maintenance. My ARC was working prior to this. When i put the actuator back on, I got the 4 blinks but if the switch was in firm ride it stayed without blinking. the little post on my actuator appeared to be damaged. So I bought a used actuator and installed it. Now, when the switch is in firm it blinks but if it's in auto it doesn't. basically the same problem reversed itself. the blade in the top of my shock turns tightly with needle nose pliers. from what i've searched this could be the problem but why did it just all of a sudden quit working since i popped the actuator off? :confused: :confused: :confused:

badtoyz
06-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Recently I had my driver side ARC actuator off for some maintenance. My ARC was working prior to this. When i put the actuator back on, I got the 4 blinks but if the switch was in firm ride it stayed without blinking. the little post on my actuator appeared to be damaged. So I bought a used actuator and installed it. Now, when the switch is in firm it blinks but if it's in auto it doesn't. basically the same problem reversed itself. the blade in the top of my shock turns tightly with needle nose pliers. from what i've searched this could be the problem but why did it just all of a sudden quit working since i popped the actuator off? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Mine was doing the same thing make sure you put the accuator on right with the wires out towards the fender. I W-d 40 mine and went back and forth with the needle nose pliars. A tool to remove the inside of the stem of a tire will work great to loosen it up to good luck