blowers n pipes

pock1

i was wandering if the 89-93 blowers are the same as the 94-95 blowers n pipes. could u use the 89-93 blowers and pipes to fit and work in the 94-95 scs ? thx tony.

they are all interchangable. however, the 94-95 blower had some upgrades to it for better efficiency and power. you can do a search in the FAQs for that.

blinking light

my overdrive indicator light on the instrument cluster is blinking continuiosly, tht overdrive still works like it should,yet the that annoying light blinks on .....and on.....and on, can anybody tell me how to fix this problem? it's a 95' SC thx

pock1 said:
i was wandering if the 89-93 blowers are the same as the 94-95 blowers n pipes. could u use the 89-93 blowers and pipes to fit and work in the 94-95 scs ? thx tony.

The end plate of the SC is different between 89-93 and 94-95. The early model is oval, the late mode is rectangular and slightly larger. This also means the intake plenum is different.

The 94-95 units also have a slightly different internal design and coated rotors that allow for tighter clearances internally and makes them more efficient.

94/95 Blower

The late style blower is reportedly 4% more effecient than the early style blower.The tubes after the blower to the intercooler and return to the lower intake are the same on both models. :D

blowers

thx guys for the help. so i could put a 94-95 blower on my 92 sc with out changing the intake manifold, and still use the pipes?

pock1 said:
thx guys for the help. so i could put a 94-95 blower on my 92 sc with out changing the intake manifold, and still use the pipes?

Yes...but you will need the 94-95 inlet plenum (part that the throttle body bolts onto).

David

Back